Cardamon Cinnamon

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “i like cardamon! i do i do. i like how it looks in it’s little pod and i like how it tastes and smells in my purple tea tumbler. idk why i am so weary of cinnamon. i must have had some...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 766 tasting notes
  • “I really like Cardamom which is why I bought this tea originally. I agree with the previous reviewers, it is a bit weak. Somehow it needs something to be more complete. I used two teabags in this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Amount: 3 scoops Water: boiling, 1 teapot full Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes Notes: kept taking sample sips from 4 minutes on until it was strong enough since it is a sample size. Militiajim...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 714 tasting notes
  • “I adore cardamom and I’m fond of Republic of Tea, so I was really excited to find this one. But it really isn’t that great – It’s nice and all, with plenty of cardamom and...” Read full tasting note
    SuperHrefna 18 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Warm the Heart Herb Tea. Native to the shadier regions of India & Ceylon, cardamon has a gentle, airy taste of the forest itself—reminiscent of ginger with a pinch of pine. Cinnamon brings a spicy depth. Also, great over ice!

About The Republic of Tea View company

I found this in bulk at the supermarket and decided to get a test run sample. I love cinnamon and cardamon and I’m looking for more decaffeinated options for the evenings, so it seemed promising. It appears to be largely cinnamon bark bits with cardamon in pod and seed form and a few peppercorns, anise seed pods and ginger root. I let it steep for six minutes, but I’m not getting much flavor. I can feel the cardamon on the sides of my tongue just after each sip in that cardamon tingle sort of way. I might be getting some ginger heat if I really think about it. Not much in the way of flavor tho. It’s not very well rounded and lacks a depth or heavier base flavor to it. Kind of just tastes like my spice rack threw up a little in my cup without much thought to it. It’s not bad, but there is no wow there at all.

A very fine cup. Spicy, sweet, and deep. Between medium and full-bodied. A wonderful wintertime herbal. My non-tea-drinking guests really like it. Very good cardamon.

I expected to like this tea a lot more than I did. It’s definitely warm, but it feels a bit like it’s missing something. I’m thinking of using it for some baking, I think it might make a lovely tea cake.

This is, surprisingly, a weak tea. Next time I think I’ll put two bags in my mug. It smells delicious and the taste almost lives up to that scent, but not quite. I do like it, though I wish there was a stronger Cardamom bent to it. It’s quite sweet and cinnamon-y and I’ll be eager to try it iced!
Update: I adore this tea and have almost finished the canister. Occasionally I’ll use two bags, but I’m giving it a longer steep time and the flavours are much better. It’s only so-so iced, so I prefer it hot. I’m upping my rating to 92ish _

This tea is AMAZING. Fragrant and spicy, it warms and comforts me. Great for when I’m sick, sad, or just want to feel cozy.