Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I feel accomplished! I got a swap to *Jennkay* and the T&C box shipped, I got groceries, and I cleaned out Mom's car. All while sick! I'm much better today, though, as evidenced by my burst of...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 407 tasting notes
  • “very tasty for the 1st steep. outshone the pearls, actually. but no more taste by the 2nd...and i do love to resteep my teas. BUT if you want a really strong jasmine...this is a one steep goodie :)” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes
  • “Loose Appearance: bicolor, dark, light green Mild curl to leaf Aroma when Dry: salty jasmine After water is first poured: deserty jasmine floral At end of steep: soapy, floral Tea liquor: ...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “Short review on this one They certainly smell the part, but the taste is like a poor clone of my treasured Phoenix Jasmine Pearls. A washed out, shallow flavor. It's still easy to drink but I...” Read full tasting note
    Yogru 63 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Romancer Enhancer—Yin Hao Jasmine blossom tea is recognized as the finest in the world. Sweet China leaves are married with fragrant flowers seven times during the evening when the jasmine blossoms open.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I feel accomplished! I got a swap to Jennkay and the T&C box shipped, I got groceries, and I cleaned out Mom’s car. All while sick! I’m much better today, though, as evidenced by my burst of energy.

This time I heavily doctored this: low temperature, short steep, underleafed by half, and added a handful of chrysanthemum flowers. The theory is that it’d turn out at least somewhat like the tea from the Thai restaurant nearby that’s so delicious. Short answer: it worked. It’s not quite identical to the blend I love, but it’s pretty close and delicious. I’d rate this cup 85/100 but the tea itself remains as-is. I think next time I’ll tweak it with just a little extra leaf to the same amount of chrysanthemum.

very tasty for the 1st steep. outshone the pearls, actually. but no more taste by the 2nd…and i do love to resteep my teas. BUT if you want a really strong jasmine…this is a one steep goodie :)

Loose
Appearance: bicolor, dark, light green Mild curl to leaf
Aroma when Dry: salty jasmine
After water is first poured: deserty jasmine floral
At end of steep: soapy, floral
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: faint green
Staple? Type yes, won’t buy brand again
Preferred time of day: any
Taste:
At first?: soap, followed by jasmine notes
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? yes, floral soap presence in the palate

Kasumi no Chajin

yes, I have had much better Jasmines and other teas, though of course different people could respond in other ways to it.

Short review on this one

They certainly smell the part, but the taste is like a poor clone of my treasured Phoenix Jasmine Pearls. A washed out, shallow flavor. It’s still easy to drink but I miss th depth I normally get with jasmine green teas.

I had this at Madhatter’s Teahouse while on vacation in San Antonio. I’ve always been intrigued by jasmine tea but wasn’t sure if liking the smell would translate into liking the taste. I really liked this tea and somehow, 3 oz ended up following me home to Chicago. Adding artificial sweetener made it taste weird though.

I assume a teahouse would know how to properly brew teas and they brought me a little timer but it may have gotten too hot as it was in cast iron and we were sitting in the (yay!) sun. That may have been why it started tasting weird.

Jasmine Jazz is one of the nicest cups I’ve ever had. The green base is medium bodied and the jasmine is beautiful. One of the most expensive in the Republic of Tea’s catalog, this tea has a deeply satisfying taste and a vibrant energy. My troubles vanish.

Backlogging. I love this tea every time I drink it.