Double Dark Chocolate Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From The Republic of Tea

Dynamic Duo – It’s a match made in heaven: antioxidant-rich, organic, roasted Yerba Maté blended with organic dark cocoa powder in a guilt-free, full-bodied dessert tea. Dark Chocolate also brims with antioxidants, plus polyphenols – compounds known to lower blood pressure.

These two nutrient powerhouses promote longevity and good health. Savor the allure of organic, roasted Yerba Maté as it mingles with the satisfying flavors of organic dark chocolate. It’s nice with a splash of warm milk.

About The Republic of Tea View company

It smells very chocolaty, but I had to add a teaspoon of honey to bring out the flavor. I think that’s just me, though, and not the tea; I have to add honey to most of my teas for me to taste something other than water. Otherwise, it’s a nice, smooth tea that’s good for a mild chocolate craving or a little mood therapy.

I had never tried yerba mate or chocolate in a tea before so I figured this would broaden my horizons. There is a definite chocolatey undertone to this tea and it compliments the yerba mate well. This tea delivers quite the boost as well. I drink it in the mornings when I have early classes to sustain me through to the afternoon.