Tea of Good Tidings

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “There's something about the smell of this that makes me love it - it's an interesting mix of fruity, spicy cinnamon, and the tangy scent of the juniper berries. Somehow they all manage to work...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1610 tasting notes
  • “Drinking the last of this tea this morning. I'm rather sad to see it go, and will probably reinvest in another tin sometime in the future. It's a great tea for wrapping up in a blanket on the...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “For having so many ingredients in this tea, there certainly isn't much flavor. The Republic of Tea is always disappointing to me though. I wouldn't invest in a tin of 50 teas without trying the...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1452 tasting notes
  • “I am hopelessly addicted to Tea of Good Tidings. Everything about it says I would't like it. There is just so much going on with the dense fruit and huge amalgam of flavors. Then the powerful black...” Read full tasting note
    font9a 2 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Winter Fruit Blend – A full leaf cornucopia of winter-harvested fruit and spices (Finest black tea leaves, juniper berries, natural flavors, orange peel, cranberries, cloves, rose petals, almonds, vanilla, black currants, blackberry leaves, cardamom seeds) blended with fine black tea leaves.

About The Republic of Tea View company

There’s something about the smell of this that makes me love it – it’s an interesting mix of fruity, spicy cinnamon, and the tangy scent of the juniper berries. Somehow they all manage to work together very well. I wish a little more of the fruity sweetness had gotten into the flavour. Overall the flavour seems to be tangy, a mixture of citrus and juniper berries which give the tea a clean flavour with notes of pine. The cinnamon is subtle, but it gives the tea a warm, soothing quality to it.

It’s a very interesting and unusual tea.

Drinking the last of this tea this morning. I’m rather sad to see it go, and will probably reinvest in another tin sometime in the future. It’s a great tea for wrapping up in a blanket on the back porch and watching the world wake up.

For having so many ingredients in this tea, there certainly isn’t much flavor. The Republic of Tea is always disappointing to me though. I wouldn’t invest in a tin of 50 teas without trying the flavor first. The black tea isn’t very strong. It seems like the flavors listed would work well together, if I could actually taste them. Too bad.

I am hopelessly addicted to Tea of Good Tidings. Everything about it says I would’t like it. There is just so much going on with the dense fruit and huge amalgam of flavors. Then the powerful black tea rises up on the nose and punches me right in the face!

But it all works delectably together. It is rich and complex without being synthetic. I’m rather surprised that the enormous RoT conglomerate is able to put out this sublime gift. I am usually more taken by boutique teas. This is impressive, and I always have a cup or two a day.

I keep my pantry full of it so I can drink it all year long.

I was skeptical of this tea when it first arrived. The smell of the juniper berries was overpowering, and the strong fruity scent had me worried. I generally prefer earthier-flavored teas, with lighter fruit undertones and subtle flavors. To say the least, I was afraid I had wasted money on a tea I would not like. However, I decided to give the tea a chance straight away, and I couldn’t have been more wrong. The smell of the loose tea leaves was completely different from the way the brew tasted; the flavor of the black tea was prominent, while the fruits and spices properly balanced out the blend. It is now my favorite hot tea.

A nice tea to drink in the winter. Good for a fruit/spice lover who wants a caffeine hit.

Very decent holiday tea. The scent that wafts from the mug after a 4 minutes’ brew is almost intoxicating.

Rediscovered this tea this holiday season. A really lovely tea that I enjoyed with my family. Even my sister who is new to the tea drinking scene loved it. Not always easy to find each year but well worth the time to find it.

This cup is a sensational “winter blend” black tea. Warming and soothing. I went through it very fast. People absolutely love this at a holiday party. Contains juniper berries, orange peel, cranberries, cloves, rose petals, almonds, vanilla, black currants, blackberry leaves, cardamom seeds.