British Breakfast Decaf

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From The Republic of Tea

The Perfect Cuppa A robust blend of quality black leaves, hearty enough to make any Brit smile. A savory mixture of China, India, Ceylon and Kenya leaves is great with a splash of milk.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I picked this up at a going out of business sale at a local natural foods store last night for 40% off. I figured I’d give the decaf variety a go since they were cleaned out of the regular. It was ok, I did ice it as it was a bit too warm in my neck of the woods last night. I think this might be one I need to sweeten. It seemed to go pretty bitter pretty quick. But I’ll give it another go and rate it then.

We’ve been getting this tea from the bulk dry goods section of the [HEB] Central Market as kind of our go-to decaf for the evenings.

It is a bit too bitter and very prone to over steeping, but it is a perfectly drinkable too-late-to-drink-good-tea-without-losing-sleep beverage. Lime or lemon helps a lot.

I love Central Market. That is all. Oh wait, no it isn’t. Going to have to try this with lemon!

Today is a mini road trip kind of day; my fiance and I are going to visit his parents who live a few hours away from us. My fiance is also working this morning and, since his workplace is on the way to his parents’ house, I got woken up at an ungodly hour so I could accompany him.

I’m at Panera Bread, enjoying an early breakfast, while waiting for him to finish up. Lucky for me, Panera has a little selection of Republic of Teas, so I don’t have to wait in tea-less agony. I chose this one because I didn’t realize they had a caffeinated version … > . >

I added some milk and honey, because breakfast teas scream for sweetener and some dairy to me. It’s really good! I get an almost chocolatey taste from this tea. Sweet, warm comfort.