Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From The Republic of Tea

Lao Tzu Tea – Among the most celebrated teas in China. This top-grade Lung Ching is famous for its jade green color, earthy aroma, mellow taste and long flat leaf.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Got this at a half price tea sale whole foods was having- expiration date on the container was january of 2015, so I thought I would give it a go.

Opening the tin, the aroma was fresh cut grass- pleasant enough- the leaves looked in good shape but there were quite a few stems as well. Not so sure about the descripton as “top grade”

3 minutes at 180 degrees got a pleasantly nutty and vegetal taste. So this one was ok in my book- not thrilling, but decent at the price of just over 4 bucks for 75 g. The full price of 8.75 would be silly though. If you can pick it up for a song, go for it. Otherwise, your money would be better spent elsewhere.

I liked this tea. Both steeps tasted surprisingly similar—grassy, buttery, and a bit nutty. Good tea, but I wouldn’t buy it again. It reminds me of Tazo’s China Green Tips, my favorite Tazo tea (usually I stay away from Tazo). Since I work at Starbucks, I can get CGT for free. But for those who can’t do the same, I’d recommend this over CGT. Again, very good, just not enough to make me want to buy a tin.

I love this version of Dragon Well! It’s buttery and delicious, and for some reason has a hint of pistachio nut in the flavor. Tastes more like a snack than a tea. Highly recommend!

Good but not great, looks like dried lawn clippings. Not sure why it’s called “Famous Green Cooling Tea”