Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Cocoa, Natural Flavours, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root
Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Pepper, Roasted Barley, Caramel
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by rosebudmelissa

From The Republic of Tea

Cup of Dessert Herb Tea
The rich, exotic taste of this herbal infusion combines coconut and chocolate to produce a thick, naturally sweet, tropical cup. The delicious taste of both cocoa and carob belies their nutritional value. Enjoy at any latitude as a warming, low-calorie cup of dessert.

Ingredients: Roasted carob, caramel malted barley, roasted chicory, dates, natural coconut flavor, cocoa powder and natural chocolate flavor.

About The Republic of Tea View company

my fiance’s mom gave me a few bags of this to try today, and I might have to go get my very own tin of it. It’s so different, and I love coconut!
next time maybe i’ll try some honey

I got a sample of this from a local tea store and have yet to try it. The other chocolate RoT’s weren’t bad :)

I steeped two bags in my travel mug to have at work (milk and two heaping teaspoons of sugar, cuz that’s how I roll). I’m not a coconut fanatic usually, but WOW. The coconut flavor really came through. It reminded me a little bit of an Almond Joy candy bar. I can’t wait to have it again!

It was alright. Thought it would be sweeter than it really was.

Amount: 2 teabags for 12 ounces of water
Time: 4-5 minutes

Served: Hot
Smell: Strongly of the coconut shell and meat
Flavor: light cocoa with coconut milk taste. MilitiaJim was unable to pick up the cocoa, it was “stomped on” by the coconut
Aftertaste: coconut, sweet

Added german rock sugar, 1 scoop per cup and it really helped smooth the flavor and bring out the cocoa.

Added Almond Milk, didn’t help the tea at all (we love plain black almond milk tea and wanted to experiment). Militiajim notes this makes it smell like an Almond Joy bar.

I want to try in the future with honey, and maybe a 5-6 minute brew time.

The minimum recommended steep time for this is 5 minutes. I have been steeping it for 7, but today I tried 10, and it made a world of difference. It was so much more rich this time around, I had to bump up the rating. If you’re on the fence about trying it, or have it at home but aren’t loving it, try a longer steep time.

Boiling 8 min or more

Lots of tea…great steeped for about 45 seconds with a liberal splash of soy milk.

Sipdown (127)!

From Scheherazade!

I drank this ages ago, and last night when I was adding teas from OMGsrsly into my cupboard I noticed this was still in my cupboard and I hadn’t written a note for it so I guess I just didn’t log this when I drank it. Definitely need to correct that!

From what I recall, this was drank in a travel mug on my way to work on a particularly miserable morning. Gross weather, and all that jazz. It was pretty much exactly what the name says: a coconut flavoured hot chocolate. Except, the coconut while being quite present wasn’t actually incredibly strong. It’s weird how you can have a flavour that just really stands out without, you know, slapping you in the face.

Hmm… Other ingredients…

Uhh, I do think there was an extra “toastyness” from the barley. And to me, barley has a kind of chocolate-y note to it too so I’m sure that also added to the richness of the chocolate notes. I didn’t really notice the dates or other ingredients at all. Ultimately, I enjoyed this tea more than I thought I would and it was perfect for the dreary day but in the long run once was probably enough of a taste for me.

Monthly TTB Club.

This is quite good. It’s definitely on the sweeter end, and just a touch artificial, but not unpleasantly so. It’s mostly a pleasantly creamy chocolate-coconut flavor. It’s not a super strong flavor, but I think it would be too sweet if I used two teabags, like I have for other RoT teas. I’ll bet this would be good with milk.

I didn’t think much of this tea until I put a teaspoon of sugar in it. That changed everything. This is a nice dessert tea with a creamy mouth feel and mild flavor.

To me this isn’t a chocolate tea at all, but that’s completely okay. Why? Because it tastes like dates and coconut, which might just be better. If you haven’t had date coconut rolls, and you can’t find them near you, this tea is a pretty good approximation. It’s definitely as addictive as they are! I’ll likely be restocking this when it’s gone thanks to my date (and coconut) addiction. Mm.