Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Cocoa, Natural Flavours, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root
Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Cocoa, Nutty, Smooth, Sweet, Chocolate, Pepper, Roasted Barley, Caramel
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by rosebudmelissa

From The Republic of Tea

Cup of Dessert Herb Tea
The rich, exotic taste of this herbal infusion combines coconut and chocolate to produce a thick, naturally sweet, tropical cup. The delicious taste of both cocoa and carob belies their nutritional value. Enjoy at any latitude as a warming, low-calorie cup of dessert.

Ingredients: Roasted carob, caramel malted barley, roasted chicory, dates, natural coconut flavor, cocoa powder and natural chocolate flavor.

About The Republic of Tea View company

my fiance’s mom gave me a few bags of this to try today, and I might have to go get my very own tin of it. It’s so different, and I love coconut!
next time maybe i’ll try some honey

Babble

I got a sample of this from a local tea store and have yet to try it. The other chocolate RoT’s weren’t bad :)

I steeped two bags in my travel mug to have at work (milk and two heaping teaspoons of sugar, cuz that’s how I roll). I’m not a coconut fanatic usually, but WOW. The coconut flavor really came through. It reminded me a little bit of an Almond Joy candy bar. I can’t wait to have it again!

It was alright. Thought it would be sweeter than it really was.

Amount: 2 teabags for 12 ounces of water
Time: 4-5 minutes

Served: Hot
Smell: Strongly of the coconut shell and meat
Flavor: light cocoa with coconut milk taste. MilitiaJim was unable to pick up the cocoa, it was “stomped on” by the coconut
Aftertaste: coconut, sweet

Added german rock sugar, 1 scoop per cup and it really helped smooth the flavor and bring out the cocoa.

Added Almond Milk, didn’t help the tea at all (we love plain black almond milk tea and wanted to experiment). Militiajim notes this makes it smell like an Almond Joy bar.

I want to try in the future with honey, and maybe a 5-6 minute brew time.

The minimum recommended steep time for this is 5 minutes. I have been steeping it for 7, but today I tried 10, and it made a world of difference. It was so much more rich this time around, I had to bump up the rating. If you’re on the fence about trying it, or have it at home but aren’t loving it, try a longer steep time.

Boiling 8 min or more

Lots of tea…great steeped for about 45 seconds with a liberal splash of soy milk.

Here’s Hoping TTB

This tea was a pleasant surprise! I typically use two teabags when brewing a Republic of Tea blend for a stronger flavor. But since there was only one in the TTB, I took my chances on it. So glad I did! The flavor was rich and strong, with notes of dark chocolate and nutty coconut. No weak, watery flavor and no disgusting stevia aftertaste, unlike too many RoT blends I’ve tried. I may have to purchase more of this one in the future!

Flavors: Coconut, Dark Chocolate

rosebudmelissa

More chocolate blends need to include roasted barley. It really does wonders for the richness of the flavor.

Inkling

Maybe it’s the barley that made the difference! Whatever it was, this one was good. :)

Holiday TTB #4: It’s not in the name, but this one contains figs. Recently I bought some coconut fig snack things, and this tea tastes like the liquid version of that. It’s tasty, but the name doesn’t really fit

Il dolce far niente… the joy of doing nothing… What a beautiful thought! I am sitting here sipping this delicious brew and while I watch Eat Pray Love :) What a fun movie and a delightful tea!

When you open the tin, the smell is so enticing! I shared this tea with my husband last night. We both love it! It has such a bold coconut/nutty flavor with just the perfect hint of chocolatey sweetness! This is the perfect cup for a relaxing Saturday afternoon.

Preparation: Bagged tea. Truvia added. (confession: I left the tea bag in the mug and drank around it)

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Nutty, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 10 OZ / 295 ML

Sipdown (127)!

From Scheherazade!

I drank this ages ago, and last night when I was adding teas from OMGsrsly into my cupboard I noticed this was still in my cupboard and I hadn’t written a note for it so I guess I just didn’t log this when I drank it. Definitely need to correct that!

From what I recall, this was drank in a travel mug on my way to work on a particularly miserable morning. Gross weather, and all that jazz. It was pretty much exactly what the name says: a coconut flavoured hot chocolate. Except, the coconut while being quite present wasn’t actually incredibly strong. It’s weird how you can have a flavour that just really stands out without, you know, slapping you in the face.

Hmm… Other ingredients…

Uhh, I do think there was an extra “toastyness” from the barley. And to me, barley has a kind of chocolate-y note to it too so I’m sure that also added to the richness of the chocolate notes. I didn’t really notice the dates or other ingredients at all. Ultimately, I enjoyed this tea more than I thought I would and it was perfect for the dreary day but in the long run once was probably enough of a taste for me.