Herbal Tea
Cocoa, Coconut, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by Maryann

From The Republic of Tea

Cup of Dessert Herb Tea
The rich, exotic taste of this herbal infusion combines coconut and chocolate to produce a thick, naturally sweet, tropical cup. The delicious taste of both cocoa and carob belies their nutritional value. Enjoy at any latitude as a warming, low-calorie cup of dessert.

Ingredients: Roasted carob, caramel malted barley, roasted chicory, dates, natural coconut flavor, cocoa powder and natural chocolate flavor.

About The Republic of Tea View company

my fiance’s mom gave me a few bags of this to try today, and I might have to go get my very own tin of it. It’s so different, and I love coconut!
next time maybe i’ll try some honey

Babble

I got a sample of this from a local tea store and have yet to try it. The other chocolate RoT’s weren’t bad :)

I steeped two bags in my travel mug to have at work (milk and two heaping teaspoons of sugar, cuz that’s how I roll). I’m not a coconut fanatic usually, but WOW. The coconut flavor really came through. It reminded me a little bit of an Almond Joy candy bar. I can’t wait to have it again!

It was alright. Thought it would be sweeter than it really was.

Amount: 2 teabags for 12 ounces of water
Time: 4-5 minutes

Served: Hot
Smell: Strongly of the coconut shell and meat
Flavor: light cocoa with coconut milk taste. MilitiaJim was unable to pick up the cocoa, it was “stomped on” by the coconut
Aftertaste: coconut, sweet

Added german rock sugar, 1 scoop per cup and it really helped smooth the flavor and bring out the cocoa.

Added Almond Milk, didn’t help the tea at all (we love plain black almond milk tea and wanted to experiment). Militiajim notes this makes it smell like an Almond Joy bar.

I want to try in the future with honey, and maybe a 5-6 minute brew time.

The minimum recommended steep time for this is 5 minutes. I have been steeping it for 7, but today I tried 10, and it made a world of difference. It was so much more rich this time around, I had to bump up the rating. If you’re on the fence about trying it, or have it at home but aren’t loving it, try a longer steep time.

Boiling 8 min or more

Lots of tea…great steeped for about 45 seconds with a liberal splash of soy milk.

This tea is… weird. I had it hot the other night and I’m having it iced today and there is something that was really strange both times. I was really wanting a chocolate coconut combination and liked ROT’s Banana Chocolate fairly well, so I thought this was a safe bet. I like that it is low in caffeine, since I need more evening options. Maybe it is the chicory root that is making this strange for me? I don’t hate it, but I’m not sure that I’m liking it either.

Surprisingly thick and rich, this really does taste strongly like a coconut cocoa, although more coconut than chocolate. I used two sachets for 12oz, and I think this is the perfect amount.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut

gmathis

Agreed: I think “double up” is the secret to RoT teas, especially the desserty ones.

MissB

Ah! Good to know. This may have been my first, or one of my first teas from The Republic of Tea.

This tea tastes much better than I expected! I like my chocolate teas iced, so I steeped two tea bags in one cup of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Then, I poured it over ice and added some some fat free coffee creamer. It ended up tasting like caramel and coconut..no chocolate taste at all. Even without the chocolate, it is delicious…I actually don’t even want the chocolate. One of my new favorite teas!

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

Really good dessert tea. Doesn’t need any sugar at all.