Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Cocoa, Natural Flavours, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root
Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Cocoa, Nutty, Smooth, Sweet, Chocolate, Pepper, Roasted Barley, Caramel
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by rosebudmelissa

From The Republic of Tea

Cup of Dessert Herb Tea
The rich, exotic taste of this herbal infusion combines coconut and chocolate to produce a thick, naturally sweet, tropical cup. The delicious taste of both cocoa and carob belies their nutritional value. Enjoy at any latitude as a warming, low-calorie cup of dessert.

Ingredients: Roasted carob, caramel malted barley, roasted chicory, dates, natural coconut flavor, cocoa powder and natural chocolate flavor.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Monthly TTB Club.

This is quite good. It’s definitely on the sweeter end, and just a touch artificial, but not unpleasantly so. It’s mostly a pleasantly creamy chocolate-coconut flavor. It’s not a super strong flavor, but I think it would be too sweet if I used two teabags, like I have for other RoT teas. I’ll bet this would be good with milk.

I didn’t think much of this tea until I put a teaspoon of sugar in it. That changed everything. This is a nice dessert tea with a creamy mouth feel and mild flavor.

To me this isn’t a chocolate tea at all, but that’s completely okay. Why? Because it tastes like dates and coconut, which might just be better. If you haven’t had date coconut rolls, and you can’t find them near you, this tea is a pretty good approximation. It’s definitely as addictive as they are! I’ll likely be restocking this when it’s gone thanks to my date (and coconut) addiction. Mm.

Backlog:

I actually tried this tea a few months ago at my cuz’s house, and quite liked it.
mj sent me a sample in our last swap. It’s very coconut-y,with hints of cocoa. Don’t have any complains about this tea-other than the fact that it has an odd pepper taste to it. It’s very odd. No idea what it could be. But it was there the first time I tried this tea and today. Very strange. Oh well. Thanks so much for a few tea bags of this, mj! :D

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Pepper

Cheri

Not a tea for me, but I bet my spouse would like it.

This tea is so delicious! It reminds me if chocolate macaroons and brings back memories of Passover. Mmm it smells just like that delicious chocolate tin. I want to try this again with milk. It is already super creamy but I still want to see what it’s like as a latte. I bet it would make an excellent dessert for after dinner.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Thank you 221Tea! I actually quite adore this one and I don’t care that it’s just a ‘bagged tea’.

The coconut adds a buttery quality to the blend, while the cocoa, dates and chicory add to the flavour. It’s quite amazing. The barley adds a bit of weight to it. It almost makes me think of chocolate macaroons! And the fact that this is an herbal makes it more interesting.

Sipdown (195!)

mj

I love this one too!

Terri HarpLady

At least R of T’s bags aren’t made of plastic!

ZOMG. This tea. Yes. The coconut and the barley are at the forefront with the cocoa really rounding out each sip. It tastes like a mounds bar and a chocolate rice crispie treat had a tea love child. In other words, wonderful. Chocolate and coconut are always a winning combination for me and this tea does it in a new, delicious way.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Roasted Barley

MissB

I was surprised with this one too!

Suziqzer

Nice description.. another tea child. :)

mj

Thanks Suziqzer :)

My stomach has been giving me grief for a week now and I have been on a road trip AND I just started a new semester at school AND I’m stressed about having everything together to do my first show in June…. it has all left me with little time for tea and an even smaller amount of time to write about tea. I’m using stolen time here.

This tea has really grown on me and I have even longed for it’s strange flavor combo at times. I have been double bagging the Republic teas lately and it works out well for a stronger flavor. A little soy creamer to round it out and this is making for a nice evening cup. I’m still not convinced that this is one I need to buy again (especially since I am curious about other flavors in the Cocoa line), but I’m going to enjoy it down to the last bag.

Brooklynsheep

Poor Dustin. Feel better! Your tummy might feel better if you avoid milk and creamer for a few days. Is there a good herbal tea you like for soothing your stomach?

Dustin

Thank you! I have been going pretty easy on the milk and creamer. I drank some kombucha today and that seemed to make my stomach a little happier. I’m consuming all the probiotics I can get my hands on!

Surprisingly thick and rich, this really does taste strongly like a coconut cocoa, although more coconut than chocolate. I used two sachets for 12oz, and I think this is the perfect amount.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut

gmathis

Agreed: I think “double up” is the secret to RoT teas, especially the desserty ones.

MissB

Ah! Good to know. This may have been my first, or one of my first teas from The Republic of Tea.

This tea tastes much better than I expected! I like my chocolate teas iced, so I steeped two tea bags in one cup of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Then, I poured it over ice and added some some fat free coffee creamer. It ended up tasting like caramel and coconut..no chocolate taste at all. Even without the chocolate, it is delicious…I actually don’t even want the chocolate. One of my new favorite teas!

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut