Herbal Tea
Cocoa, Coconut, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by Maryann

From The Republic of Tea

Cup of Dessert Herb Tea
The rich, exotic taste of this herbal infusion combines coconut and chocolate to produce a thick, naturally sweet, tropical cup. The delicious taste of both cocoa and carob belies their nutritional value. Enjoy at any latitude as a warming, low-calorie cup of dessert.

Ingredients: Roasted carob, caramel malted barley, roasted chicory, dates, natural coconut flavor, cocoa powder and natural chocolate flavor.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I useally ;like mixing this tea with coco or chocolate chai or another chai flavor to give it a kick. but it is also good bye itself when craving something sugary sweet

I’ve had this tea for quite a while, previous to starting my tasting log. This is my last bag. I will not be purchasing this again. The Harney Soho chocolate coconut blend is much better than this.

The tea bag smells very artificial, quite chemical like. Unfortunately the taste is not much better. Adding milk, sweetener, anything….it does not help to better the flavor.

The main thing I tasted was coconut, against a background of generally mild, brownish things (carob, malted barley, chicory). I picked up a hint of carob and/or cocoa, but not much. I think I would have liked it a lot better if it had had more chocolate flavour.

I dunno, there’s something about coconut in tea — or at least coconut in the teas I’ve tried — to me it tastes sort of soapy or something. Whereas I usually quite like coconut.
So… not terrible, but not all that good either.

It was fun to try it, though – thanks to Starfevre for the sample!

Steeped for 8 minutes. I added 1/3 tsp sugar, and some milk.

Boiling 8 min or more

If you drink tea and hot chocolate instead of coffee because you don’t bloody like the taste of coffee, don’t drink this tea. The tea smells just wonderful in the can and you definitely get both the chocolate and coconut aroma, but it contains chicory. I personally don’t think chicory belongs in tea because if I wanted to drink something that bitter and reminiscent of coffee, I would just drink coffee. If you like coffee, you might like this tea.

Personally, I gave my can to a friend who mainlines coffee. She thought it was a little strange, but not bad.

As mentioned by others, coconut is the dominate flavor in this tea. I hardly taste any cocoa, but that’s fine with me. The aroma is amazing, its like smelling a freshly opened bag of coconut milk. I wish the flavor were a bit stronger, but with a bit of milk and sugar its quite a delicious dessert.

Trying this one for the first time. I think I need to steep it longer. 4 min. leaves it a little on the weak side. But the smell is fantastic. If nothing else, this makes for good aroma therapy.

Loved it!