Hot Apple Cider

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I don't have a whole lot to say about this one... I had it at a day long meditation class on Saturday. It was better than I thought it would be but might have needed two teabags, it has a very...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes
  • “I haven't had this tea for a few years, according to my last tasting note of this tea. Even though I wasn't terribly impressed with it then... I thought a nice apple cider herbal blend would be...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 527 tasting notes
  • “And this is another with 2 entries!! Funny how I keep finding those. *vanilla_bookworm* sent me a few bags of this. I had it last holiday season and couldn't remember if I wanted to get more or...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “This SMELLS like Hot Apple Cider - I will say that! The color of the water barely changes, tho. It really doesn't taste like much. There is a bit of apple flavor and that's really about it. Not...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Hot Apple Cider Tea is a naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger, reminiscent of hot apple cider – the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.

When autumn leaves begin to change and the chill returns to the air, this unique herbal blend of apples, and spices will surely warm you up.

As one of our most popular herb teas, Hot Apple Cider can run out quickly. Limited Edition, When it’s Gone It’s Gone.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I tried this book tonight at book club. When our host pulled out some different teas, I was very excited. I had seen this tea before, but had not tried it. First of all, I put the tea bag in the water to steep and even though I left it in there for quite some time, the water color barely changed. The flavor of this tea matched that of the color of its water, very mild. I guess I just expect more of a deep flavor when a tea is supposed to resemble hot apple cider.

Man. I am at the dregs of my tea drawer and cannot wait for my tea order to arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, I drank this Hot Apple Cider tea that was in the drawer. I’d throw it out but my husband likes it. One teabag steeped for 7 minutes. It tastes like water mixed with a 1/4 apple juice and a little cinnamon. I used to like this and would brew it up and put it in a thermos for ski patrol. I’m guessing that any tea might have tasted good on a really cold day on the mountain. It never tastes as good at home.

There’s actually no tea in it, so it’s more like an infusion of apples and spices. Very tasty, and nice when I want something light before bed. I found it for about half price at Big Y, and I just couldn’t leave it there in good conscience.

P.S. I’ve also discovered that pouring real apple cider over a bag of this tea and heating it up in the microwave produces a very nice single serving of legit hot spiced apple cider without having to mix up an entire pot. A whole pot is great for parties, but not so much when you’re home alone and just want one cup. It may not be exactly the same, but it is a worthy substitute!

Decent apple-y pie spice combo. I have tried this a few times, but I am usually a little disappointed with the weakness of the flavors. Longer brew times help. I ended up using up the rest of my stash in a mix of a long brewed infusion and real apple juice. Also the bags work to spice cider.