Dream by the Fire

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Sweet, Vanilla, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “My first rooibos tea, and it was an okay experience. I received this free sample from Republic of Tea with their latest catalog. I was having a nice wedge of leftover apple pie from Thanksgiving,...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 187 tasting notes
  • “Teabag sipdown take 4… This also came as a free sample with the RoT catalogue, although I can’t remember how long ago. This tastes like a red hot with a hint of vanilla. I can’t taste...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 2140 tasting notes
  • “Made a cup of this after finishing up wrapping my presents. I really liked it. It has a wonderful vanilla and cinnamon flavor. It is very warming and relaxing. It is a great night time tea. This...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes
  • “I nabbed this as a freebie (sense a trend lately?) and I kinda assumed I’d hate it. Sweet cinnamon tea? Blegh. Yeah, I know, I do have a habit of trying teas I think I’m going to hate....” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Cinnamon Vanilla Herb Tea

As the seasons change, escape from the brisk air with a hot cup of tea. Sweet vanilla and warm cinnamon are blended with caffeine-free rooibos to keep you and your loved ones toasty. Snuggle up to the glow of the fireplace with this tea and let the silent night lull you to blissful dreams.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I was really looking forward to this tea when I ordered it, but I have been mostly disappointed. The rooibos overpowers the other flavors; you can barely taste the cinnamon, and the vanilla is not a good compliment. I have achieved the best results with this tea by brewing it together with apple-flavored herb teas to make a nice autumn/winter iced tea.

Iced

I received a free sample bag of this in the mail today when RoT sent me their current catalog. LOVE the label for the tea but right off the bat there are 2 strikes or potential strike…Cinnamon AND Vanilla. Now…I am NOT saying I HATE them…but I don’t usually go for them. I love Cinnamon just usually not in tea and I can take or leave vanilla in any setting or for any reason. BUT…I’m up for the challenge. It scent is unique – not what I expected. Pleasant yet surprising. It brews quickly into a reddish brown. More Cinnamon than Vanilla after the steep to the nose. I seriously think the Rooibos helped this blend quite a bit. The more I sip – the more I enjoy. Mind you, I also oversteeped. You can taste the cinnamon a bit more than the Vanilla but they blend well with the Rooibos into something satisfying and not overpowering.

Pretty good! I like my rooibos teas with some sweetened condensed milk. Heaven! Too bad this one is a limited edition.

A lightly flavored tea. I enjoy having this when trying to unwind.

This smells so good while you’re steeping it and while you’re drinking it! I really like the strong cinnamon flavor, but I can see how some might be put off by it. I am disappointed only by the lack of vanilla flavor, but I added a tsp of vanilla honey. Works nicely with it and gives a little extra vanilla boost. Definitely being harshly judged on here. Samples can do that though.

Herbal and Decaf TTB.

This is a mild cinnamon-vanilla-rooibos blend. Pretty good, but didn’t jump out at me as something I would drink very often.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet, Vanilla, Wood

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Herbal & Decaf TTB

This tastes and smells exactly like fireballs and I’m not certain if I like it. The rooibos flavor is totally missing, but the cinnamon isn’t totally fire-y either. I normally hate fireballs and this is much more tame but still a bit strange.

Flavors: Cinnamon

From the Herbal TTB.

I would steep two tea bags in an 8/10 ounce mug. With one bag, I can taste the flavors – vanilla, cinnamon – and the rooibos, but they are weak. This blend doesn’t pop out with uniqueness, but I think it’s alright.

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve had this tea several times before almost always when I feel
Like being warmed in the inside. The cinnamon is quite warming and the vanilla is just enough to provide some balance.

Holiday TTB

Republic of Tea is pretty hit and miss for me, but I love a good vanilla tea at bedtime, so I decided to give this on a try! The vanilla flavor doesn’t come through as much as I was hoping it would; this mostly tastes of sweet cinnamon with just a hint of soft vanilla. However, I’m not getting any of the unpleasant woody taste I often run into with red rooibos blends and this does make a rather cozy bedtime tea for the wintertime. I’m thinking I’ll hang onto this one!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet, Vanilla