Dream by the Fire

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “My first rooibos tea, and it was an okay experience. I received this free sample from Republic of Tea with their latest catalog. I was having a nice wedge of leftover apple pie from Thanksgiving,...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes
  • “Teabag sipdown take 4… This also came as a free sample with the RoT catalogue, although I can't remember how long ago. This tastes like a red hot with a hint of vanilla. I can't taste the...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 2017 tasting notes
  • “Made a cup of this after finishing up wrapping my presents. I really liked it. It has a wonderful vanilla and cinnamon flavor. It is very warming and relaxing. It is a great night time tea. This...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes
  • “I nabbed this as a freebie (sense a trend lately?) and I kinda assumed I'd hate it. Sweet cinnamon tea? Blegh. Yeah, I know, I do have a habit of trying teas I think I'm going to hate....” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Cinnamon Vanilla Herb Tea

As the seasons change, escape from the brisk air with a hot cup of tea. Sweet vanilla and warm cinnamon are blended with caffeine-free rooibos to keep you and your loved ones toasty. Snuggle up to the glow of the fireplace with this tea and let the silent night lull you to blissful dreams.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I was really looking forward to this tea when I ordered it, but I have been mostly disappointed. The rooibos overpowers the other flavors; you can barely taste the cinnamon, and the vanilla is not a good compliment. I have achieved the best results with this tea by brewing it together with apple-flavored herb teas to make a nice autumn/winter iced tea.

Iced

I received a free sample bag of this in the mail today when RoT sent me their current catalog. LOVE the label for the tea but right off the bat there are 2 strikes or potential strike…Cinnamon AND Vanilla. Now…I am NOT saying I HATE them…but I don’t usually go for them. I love Cinnamon just usually not in tea and I can take or leave vanilla in any setting or for any reason. BUT…I’m up for the challenge. It scent is unique – not what I expected. Pleasant yet surprising. It brews quickly into a reddish brown. More Cinnamon than Vanilla after the steep to the nose. I seriously think the Rooibos helped this blend quite a bit. The more I sip – the more I enjoy. Mind you, I also oversteeped. You can taste the cinnamon a bit more than the Vanilla but they blend well with the Rooibos into something satisfying and not overpowering.

Pretty good! I like my rooibos teas with some sweetened condensed milk. Heaven! Too bad this one is a limited edition.

A lightly flavored tea. I enjoy having this when trying to unwind.

This smells so good while you’re steeping it and while you’re drinking it! I really like the strong cinnamon flavor, but I can see how some might be put off by it. I am disappointed only by the lack of vanilla flavor, but I added a tsp of vanilla honey. Works nicely with it and gives a little extra vanilla boost. Definitely being harshly judged on here. Samples can do that though.

My boyfriend and I went by our local small market again today to pick up sandwiches for lunch. I also picked up a tin of this tea and a few single serving packets of fancy hot chocolate (amaretti cookie and crème brûlée flavors among others!). I’ve found that I really enjoy Republic of Tea’s rooibos and herbal teas, so I figured this one was worth a try. I was very pleasantly surprised by the mellowness of the scent when I opened the canister – I half expected it to smell like cinnamon candy tea. Instead, I can actually smell the rooibos tea as well as the cinnamon and vanilla. I used two bags in about 11 ounces of water.

Once steeped, the cinnamon is a tad bit stronger, but thankfully not overwhelming. Hm… This one is a bit off. There’s barely any cinnamon or vanilla flavor, and the base tea tastes quite odd. It’s not woody like I normally find rooibos, and it has a taste that’s almost like wet rags (ick). Definitely a no for me. :(

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 11 OZ / 325 ML

I got a few bags of this from TeaTiff in our swap; thank you! This one is fine, not wonderful but not offensive. I taste rooibos and vanilla and cinnamon, and they all blend together pleasantly. It actually reminds me a little of their Hot Apple Cider, enough that I thought it had apple in it before I read the description. I’ll have no problem getting through what I have but I don’t think I’ll buy it.

A very unique Rooibos. Generally I find that the rooibos takes over all of the other flavors, like a nice bully, and leaves a little extra space for them to be tasted as well. It all blends together very nicely and yet I still find it to be… I’m not sure of what the right word/words for it should be. Smooth but… this is weird I seriously can’t come up with a way to describe it!

Regardless of my inability to describe it it is a good tea. Not worth a high rating to me because I don’t find it to be that great. (You know how some teas just make you go, “wow! this is amazing.” I don’t get that from this one.)

145 °F / 62 °C 8 min or more

YEs, i got same sample and i did not finish it either…did about half cup and then lost interest. At least it was a freebie so cant REALLY complain

the first time i tried this tea was when my Republic of Tea December Catalog Came In The Mail And A Free Sample Was In The Package i was going over to my sister-in-law’s studio and made it and steeped it for 5 mins and went to the bank and came back and the whole studio had a house warming aura from the tea

the taste of this wonderful tea is excellent this has to be my 2nd favorite tea