Pomegranate Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Hibiscus, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet

From The Republic of Tea

Superfruit Tea – We are proud to use real, all natural Pomegranate juice in this blend of fine China green tea.

The glistening crimson seeds of the pomegranate fruit are deliciously sweet and heavy with juice. Fresh and crisp China green tea creates an ideal base for this ruby-hued blend. Antioxidants are abundant in each cup… Sip the day away because your body truly is your temple.

About The Republic of Tea View company

At first taste this tea is definitely more pomegranate than green tea. However, with consecutive cups, it definitely is more balanced (i don’t know if that’s just the tongue assimilating to the citrus of the blend). I also had this with a cilantro chicken salad and it was an awesome pairing. The tea goes down very smooth and has a slight tinge of cherry (like that weird zing… stop me if i sound crazy).

I had this tea iced and enjoyed it very much unsweetened, but i feel that the addition of the sugar would help bring out the sweetness of the pomegranate and override the cherry-esque-ness.

I love this as an iced tea, but not so much as a hot tea. It does get bitter if steeped too long.

Flavors: Hibiscus

Best part is the hibiscus and the pomegranate. The green tea goes well with it, but the green tea quality is better in some of their other bagged teas.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I steep it for about 3 minutes and it was fine. I’ve steeped it over 5 before and it turned out to be really bitter. But I think you need at least 2 minutes to get the pomegranate to release its flavor. This is a tea I often see at World Market. They seem to have a unique selection of tea there.
3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

Flavorful, with a kind of…woodiness about it. That could just be me, but it’s not bad. The pomegranate is definitely tastable, the green tea…a little bit.

This month’s tea sample is supposed to be served iced but I wanted to end the evening with hot tea. For some reason, pomegranate doesn’t taste like much to me – it’s a pleasing taste but it’s hard to figure out exactly what the taste is.

Great iced, but needed sugar.

I was quite surprised by this tea. Taste pretty good although I think the best thing about it is its wonderful color.

I tried this tea at a sampling and bought it because I loved it. I have not had the same feeling again since taking it home. I want to like it, but I don’t.

Simple goodness.