Strawberry Chocolate

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Chocolate, Rooibos, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by milkweedmax

• “Didn't know what I wanted on this grump-tastic day. This came in the mail so I figured, sure, why the heck not. 1.8g in this tea bag. ROT's bag size doesn't thrilled me. But whatever. It...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I have to be honest, I went in to the tasting of this tea with a bad attitude. I am not a big fan of RoT. Generally speaking, I find the bag size is too small and the price tag is too high. Also...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1351 tasting notes
  • “Last two bags!! Yay for decupboarding! And on a side note: there was no tea at conference (yet, I'm hopeful about the morning). And my first cup of this today did not last.” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “This went down the drain. The rooibos was just too strong (and kind of medicinal) in this cup. There was a hint of strawberry but it took a lot of searching to find it. Into the swap box with this...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Seductive chocolate married with a hint of strawberry in this amply amorous cup. Rooibos, or red tea, provides the base in which these two flavors mingle.

Rooibos is also known for its super antioxidant powers – sipping this delicious dessert tea together may inspire a long and loving life for you and your sweetheart.

Rooibos, carob, cocoa kernels, natural chocolate flavor, natural strawberry flavor, sweet blackberry leaves, and bourbon vanilla beans

About The Republic of Tea View company

I wasn’t sure about it when I received the sample with my catalog but I have to say I loved this blend!! Mixing three of my favorite things … tea, strawberries, and chocolate … I was delighted. Slightly sweet with just a hint of chocolate, it is perfect for a sweet treat in the afternoon or after dinner in lieu of a dessert.

It smells wonderful! It is better with some sweetener as I find is the case for me with the fruity tisanes. Added some milk for a creamier chocolate taste. I like the rooibos in this too, delicately blending in with the rest of the ingredients. Thanks to Serenity for the AK sample and prep advice!

Got a couple little sample bags of this in a 25 pack singles thing on the Republic’s website.

Well, when you open the package and smell it dry, it does smell a heck of a lot like fresh chocolate covered strawberries. So I was pretty hopeful.

Once brewed tho, it kind of took on a strange artificial aroma…it was hard to place. I likened it to the strawberry fluffy cream that you find in a box of chocolates. Husband said it reminded him of those little chocolate strawberry “straws” you get at a restaurant after dinner.

Anyway, it was pretty flavorful and nice…you could taste the rooibos. And it still kept that “artificial” strawberry flavor. Like a candy more than a fresh juicy strawberry which I was hoping for. But not bad if you want something to curb a sweet tooth. Still on the lookout for a successful strawberry chocolate tea tho that will make me feel like Valentine’s Day every day.

Another RoT chocolate tea I am actually a fan of. This truly does smell like chocolate-covered strawberries and the taste is pretty darn close to the smell. For someone is trying to pay more attention to what I eat, having a dessert-like tea without caffeine is kind of a nice stand-in. Granted I’d rather actually eat a chocolate-covered strawberry than drink this tea, but I can’t eat those as often as I can drink the tea. It’s a nice trade-off.

I do get that rooibos sourness I see other reviewers commenting on, but I don’t feel like it breaks the tea. I don’t generally drink much rooibos tea, so my experience is limited and this is one of two that I’ve tried which I actually like.

One thing: definitely add sweetener. I use Sugar-in-the-Raw pretty much exclusively for tea because I think it dissolves better and isn’t as sweet as regular sugar. In this cup, the sweetener brings out the sweetness you expect from a chocolate-covered strawberry. I usually use about a teaspoon (three small sugar bowl scoops) and I always put the sugar in the cup before pouring the water so it has the most time to dissolve.

Of all the chocolate teas out there, Republic of Tea is my current favorite. The chocolate flavor is more cocao than sweet. And the strawberry flavor in this tea is not overpowering or annoyingly artificial. This will never replace a chocolate dripped strawberry or a cup of hot cocoa, but it is a viable alternative if you don’t want something heavy & rich.

Eck.
As soon as the tea started steeping, I thought I smelled an old trash can. It was drinkable at first, but a few minutes into it, my wife and I realized that it was bad.
The “tea for sweethearts” idea was cute, but it didn’t work. Someone else commented that a black tea base rather than rooibos would have been more successful, and I agree.
I would have a difficult time choosing between drinking this tea again and licking a dog’s butt. Unfortunately, the cup of tea doesn’t afford the benefit of a cute dog face at the other end.

Just a quick note to say…received this sample with my catalog this month. Felt like trying it out tonite. It is not bad, but not one of my favorites. I will drink it all b/c i wont waste a mug of tea. It has more of a chocolate smell to it that strawberry, and the smell is a lot stronger than the taste. At least i think so. I did not add sweetner to it b/c i was afraid with it being “chocolate” that it would be too sweet. Not the case. But i might just add some agave syrup here soon. Could be just a bit sweeter. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say!

I’m at a different work location away from my “work stash” so I decided to bring in this can and do bagged tea so I don’t look like a big weirdo with my loose leaf, tea strainers and other gadgets. Anyway, yes, this is slightly artificial tasting, but I really like it. I use boiling water, use 2 bags in a 12oz mug and a bit of sweetener and it’s quite pleasant. In fact, I’m surprised at how quickly I’ll be getting through the tin. The tea being a rooibos doesn’t hurt either. Not sure I’d re-buy, as at “normal” stores, RoT teas usually go for $10 and with doubling up, the 36 bags that come in this package really only makes 18 mugs. Some of their tea comes with 50 bags, yet the price doesn’t change, peculiar. Anyway, I’ll happily finish up this tin, not sure on the repurchase though – though a good sale would probably tempt me.

I was pleasantly surprised again by a chocolate blend. This smelled exactly like when you bite into a chocolate-covered strawberry and get the mix of those two scents. The chocolate flavor was a tad weaker than I would have liked, and I could see myself brewing this with two bags maybe. Also, as someone else suggested, I imagine this would have been even better with a black tea base. But, I’m always greatful for a tasty rooibos blend that I can drink at night, which is probably the time of day I’d want chocolate-covered strawberries anyway.

Flavors: Chocolate, Rooibos, Strawberry

I’ve had a good day enjoying this tea today. I sense the strawberry and the chocolate flavors both before and after steeping. I added a bit of Stevia which made it quite enjoyable. It is definitely a dessert type tea. The rooibos doesn’t bother me as it does some people.

After drinking 2 cups, I resteeped the tea with some Yogi Daily Detox. Helped cover up the boring flavor of the Detox and still enjoyable cup of the Strawberry Chocolate.

Flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry