Strawberry Chocolate

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cocoa, Strawberry, Chocolate, Vanilla, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by milkweedmax

• “Didn’t know what I wanted on this grump-tastic day. This came in the mail so I figured, sure, why the heck not. 1.8g in this tea bag. ROT’s bag size doesn’t thrilled me. But...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I have to be honest, I went in to the tasting of this tea with a bad attitude. I am not a big fan of RoT. Generally speaking, I find the bag size is too small and the price tag is too high. Also...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1610 tasting notes
  • “Last two bags!! Yay for decupboarding! And on a side note: there was no tea at conference (yet, I’m hopeful about the morning). And my first cup of this today did not last.” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “This went down the drain. The rooibos was just too strong (and kind of medicinal) in this cup. There was a hint of strawberry but it took a lot of searching to find it. Into the swap box with this...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2388 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Seductive chocolate married with a hint of strawberry in this amply amorous cup. Rooibos, or red tea, provides the base in which these two flavors mingle.

Rooibos is also known for its super antioxidant powers – sipping this delicious dessert tea together may inspire a long and loving life for you and your sweetheart.

Rooibos, carob, cocoa kernels, natural chocolate flavor, natural strawberry flavor, sweet blackberry leaves, and bourbon vanilla beans

About The Republic of Tea View company

I wasn’t sure about it when I received the sample with my catalog but I have to say I loved this blend!! Mixing three of my favorite things … tea, strawberries, and chocolate … I was delighted. Slightly sweet with just a hint of chocolate, it is perfect for a sweet treat in the afternoon or after dinner in lieu of a dessert.

It smells wonderful! It is better with some sweetener as I find is the case for me with the fruity tisanes. Added some milk for a creamier chocolate taste. I like the rooibos in this too, delicately blending in with the rest of the ingredients. Thanks to Serenity for the AK sample and prep advice!

Got a couple little sample bags of this in a 25 pack singles thing on the Republic’s website.

Well, when you open the package and smell it dry, it does smell a heck of a lot like fresh chocolate covered strawberries. So I was pretty hopeful.

Once brewed tho, it kind of took on a strange artificial aroma…it was hard to place. I likened it to the strawberry fluffy cream that you find in a box of chocolates. Husband said it reminded him of those little chocolate strawberry “straws” you get at a restaurant after dinner.

Anyway, it was pretty flavorful and nice…you could taste the rooibos. And it still kept that “artificial” strawberry flavor. Like a candy more than a fresh juicy strawberry which I was hoping for. But not bad if you want something to curb a sweet tooth. Still on the lookout for a successful strawberry chocolate tea tho that will make me feel like Valentine’s Day every day.

Another RoT chocolate tea I am actually a fan of. This truly does smell like chocolate-covered strawberries and the taste is pretty darn close to the smell. For someone is trying to pay more attention to what I eat, having a dessert-like tea without caffeine is kind of a nice stand-in. Granted I’d rather actually eat a chocolate-covered strawberry than drink this tea, but I can’t eat those as often as I can drink the tea. It’s a nice trade-off.

I do get that rooibos sourness I see other reviewers commenting on, but I don’t feel like it breaks the tea. I don’t generally drink much rooibos tea, so my experience is limited and this is one of two that I’ve tried which I actually like.

One thing: definitely add sweetener. I use Sugar-in-the-Raw pretty much exclusively for tea because I think it dissolves better and isn’t as sweet as regular sugar. In this cup, the sweetener brings out the sweetness you expect from a chocolate-covered strawberry. I usually use about a teaspoon (three small sugar bowl scoops) and I always put the sugar in the cup before pouring the water so it has the most time to dissolve.

Of all the chocolate teas out there, Republic of Tea is my current favorite. The chocolate flavor is more cocao than sweet. And the strawberry flavor in this tea is not overpowering or annoyingly artificial. This will never replace a chocolate dripped strawberry or a cup of hot cocoa, but it is a viable alternative if you don’t want something heavy & rich.

As soon as the tea started steeping, I thought I smelled an old trash can. It was drinkable at first, but a few minutes into it, my wife and I realized that it was bad.
The “tea for sweethearts” idea was cute, but it didn’t work. Someone else commented that a black tea base rather than rooibos would have been more successful, and I agree.
I would have a difficult time choosing between drinking this tea again and licking a dog’s butt. Unfortunately, the cup of tea doesn’t afford the benefit of a cute dog face at the other end.

Just a quick note to say…received this sample with my catalog this month. Felt like trying it out tonite. It is not bad, but not one of my favorites. I will drink it all b/c i wont waste a mug of tea. It has more of a chocolate smell to it that strawberry, and the smell is a lot stronger than the taste. At least i think so. I did not add sweetner to it b/c i was afraid with it being “chocolate” that it would be too sweet. Not the case. But i might just add some agave syrup here soon. Could be just a bit sweeter. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say!

This one is pretty inoffensive. If you’re looking to taste the rooibos, you will, but otherwise I think it tastes mostly like strawberry and milk chocolate. The woody component is there but it’s background. Definitely not one I’m going to repurchase but it’s pleasant enough. I like that it’s decaf.

So, my mom picked this up for both of us and then read reviews and was worried that it might be awful, but it’s actually pretty good! I followed her recommendations, based on what she read: 2 teabags (I used a 12 oz. mug), add milk and sugar. It tasted like a strawberry milkshake. No real chocolate to be found, but hey, that’s still pretty good for a rooibos. Yes, there was some rooibos flavor, but it wasn’t too strong. Oh, and 5 minutes does the trick. Glad to have another caffeine-free option in my cupboard. Thanks to my mom!

Seems pretty pleasant but will have to try the two bag version next time. I used one bag with about 6oz water, milk and sugar.

This one is just utterly OK. It was a bit weak, which is always a negative for me. I added a little sugar and milk, which were nice, but it was just kind of blah. I mostly got the chocolate and strawberry as aftertastes, but they were there. I agree there is a kind of dustiness about these flavors, and it’s a bit more cocoa than chocolate. I do give them high points for not having anything that tastes artificial, though. I have a few bags of this, and may try it again with 2 tea bags in 12 oz or so to see if that helps. It’s worth keeping what I have, and drinking it, but I probably won’t be rebuying it.

Flavors: Cocoa, Strawberry