Strawberry Chocolate

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Chocolate, Rooibos, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by milkweedmax

• “Didn't know what I wanted on this grump-tastic day. This came in the mail so I figured, sure, why the heck not. 1.8g in this tea bag. ROT's bag size doesn't thrilled me. But whatever. It...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I have to be honest, I went in to the tasting of this tea with a bad attitude. I am not a big fan of RoT. Generally speaking, I find the bag size is too small and the price tag is too high. Also...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1315 tasting notes
  • “Last two bags!! Yay for decupboarding! And on a side note: there was no tea at conference (yet, I'm hopeful about the morning). And my first cup of this today did not last.” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “This went down the drain. The rooibos was just too strong (and kind of medicinal) in this cup. There was a hint of strawberry but it took a lot of searching to find it. Into the swap box with this...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1924 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Seductive chocolate married with a hint of strawberry in this amply amorous cup. Rooibos, or red tea, provides the base in which these two flavors mingle.

Rooibos is also known for its super antioxidant powers – sipping this delicious dessert tea together may inspire a long and loving life for you and your sweetheart.

Rooibos, carob, cocoa kernels, natural chocolate flavor, natural strawberry flavor, sweet blackberry leaves, and bourbon vanilla beans

About The Republic of Tea View company

First Sip Thought: “A seductive pair!”

Smell: At first scent, I can definitely get more chocolate than strawberry. After steep I can sense some strawberry while the liquid turns into a beautiful red shade.

Taste: These two flavours mingle well together and that’s my explanation for my First Sip Thought. The chocolate is more prevalent than the strawberry in the taste and smell but I think that’s how it’s supposed to be. A decadent chocolate covering the hint of strawberry. However, the rooibos is the higher of flavours in this tea. I’m glad it wasn’t overpowered by the added flavours. This tea was sent to me in unbleached tea bags. I was expecting loose leaf but I didn’t mind. When I was younger my first ever cup of tea was a strawberry tea bag that was, at the time for me, to die for! This tea brought back those memories, and made them even sweeter (because of the added chocolate!) With each smooth sip, this rooibos really grows on you. When I prepared it I added a dash of milk to make it extra creamy and more like a dessert.

www.theteacupoflife.blogspot.com

I brewed this a little lower than I would normally brew a rooibos, which turned out to be a happy accident: this tastes exactly like a chocolate covered strawberry. It’s a little sweeter than I would have expected, but the chocolate is assertive like few teas of this kind achieve and the fruit still manages to come through. This is definitely one of the better Republic of Tea flavors I’ve tried.

Quite a nice, mellow tea. The chocolate and strawberry flavours are low-key (a nice “natural” strawberry, not that candy/bubble-gum taste), and it went down pleasantly. I’ve come to like flavoured rooibos, and rooibos seems to be a good base for this.
(I often want the flavours to be stronger, esp the chocolate, but maybe that’s because I’m a novice and I think I’m drinking hot chocolate.) I would have this again, but I wouldn’t go out of my way for it.
I added 1/3 tsp sugar, and milk.
(Steeped for 14 minutes, oops.)
Thanks to Starfevre for this sample.

Boiling 8 min or more

I can smell sweet strawberry easily even before steeping. I taste the chocolate, and strawberry, but maybe the last one is a bit too sweet for me. Not my new favourite tea, but not bad at all.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Just like the Cherry Chocolate I recently tried, I wasn’t so sure about my first sip. Maybe it’s just that I didn’t know what to expect? Rooibos is described with derision by so many; maybe I expected a mouth full of dirt?

I can definitely pick out the rooibos tone, but it’s not off-putting. I like it, but I don’t feel strongly about it, which makes me think it’ll likely expire before I get around to drinking all of it.

Love it with drop of stevia & milk!! Smells so good too! Like a good dessert without the claories!

I tried this tea iced for a refreshing drink after the gym. It almost tastes like chocolate milk this way! Some chocolate teas sound good in theory but aren’t after tasting but this definitely is not one of them!

I received a sample, this isn’t the type of tea I’d normally try so take the review with a grain of salt. I thought it tasted more like strawberry flavoring than real strawberry and was unpleasant.

Not sure about this one.
Got it in a swap, so I don’t know how fresh the bag is. But I second the dusty/musty smell to it. It wasn’t bad when drunk, it just was kind of lackluster. I did add milk/sugar in the hopes to give it a bit more body, but it was weak at best.

Hmm….warrents another sip but who knows?

Received this as a sample. I was expecting a lot from this — as soon as I saw the ingredients combo. It sounded good but the flavor is very mild. I don’t think it tastes like chocolate or strawberry.. or rooibos for that matter.