Daily Green Tea The People's Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

From The Republic of Tea

This beautifully hued, delicate tea is celebrated for its refreshing, smooth flavor and incredible health benefits. The true essence of this tea will energize harmony and spirit. Formerly Higher Mind Tea.

INGREDIENTS
China green tea leaves

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
China

About The Republic of Tea View company

So they actually had tea at the day long meditation retreat, I got to choose between this and a few herbals as well as sneaking off to the coffee shop down the street to have an almond cookie tea. :)

This stuff is okay, but nothing to really write home about. It’s kind of mild and vegetal on its’ own I also had it mixed with some mint tea and the combination of the two was really good.

My teachers were great today and I really learned a lot from this daylong. It feels so good to be getting back to my Buddhism stuff since the person who just exited my life was not very supportive of me/it and thought it was stupid. Whatever, I feel happy and JOYFUL and doing great on my own!!!!

Autumn Hearth

Yay, not for the tea but for spiritual growth and development!

TeaBrat

Thank you, darling!

Scott B

I am glad that it makes you happy.

TeaBrat

Happy is good! ;)

After my matcha disaster, I needed something simple. Just dropped this in 6oz of water heated for 2 min. Pretty good for a bagged Chinese green. Very sweet, slightly grassy. Just what I need.

teabird

I’m always impressed now by good reviews of bagged (non-herbal) tea

Cofftea

At least ROT ones, especially considering how very light in weight they are. This one is ~1.77g

It might just be where I had this, but man, I would not drink this every day. Meh verging on the border of blech.

Magazine sample. This is a pretty standard cup of green tea. It is pretty good. Although it tastes pretty similar to Celestial Seasonings Green tea and that one is cheaper so if given the choice I would probably go with the Celestial Seasonings. But I’m not going to say no to a free cup of tea!

SURPRISINGLY!!!, I really enjoyed this tea. I am not a big fan of this brand now that I have tried many others, but this tea I did like.

Aroma: The typical green tea characteristics. A little floral, a little sweet [not cloyingly, but the kind you would expect from a sweet flower rather than cane sugar] and surprisingly, not very astringent or pungent. A light green fragrance/aroma.

Taste: Same as aroma. For a green, this tea is a little floral, a little sweet with the tiniest bit of brightness [NOT astringency, but brightness]…a nicety on the palate. Enjoyable.

Aftertaste: Not much to speak of. It dances across the taste buds with a floral sweetness, a brightness [no astringency] and a slight vegetal accent. Nice and pleasant.

I would recommend this tea for green tea lovers. I am not a big fan of Chinese green teas [except for Jasmine green teas], I am more of a Japanese green tea lover but I do really enjoy this tea a lot!

Boiling 8 min or more

One of my bridesmaids got the traveler’s tin of this (and the blueberry green) to put in our honeymoon breakfast basket.
I had some again this morning with just a bit of sugar, and it was pretty decent, but had a pungent grassy/metallic taste along with the sweet and savory. I think I prefer Uncle Lee’s.

Added ginger syrup for an extra dimension.

As with most bagged green tea, this leaves me unimpressed. However, I admit that this might be because I only drink this tea when I’m not at home (such as at work), meaning I have very little control over brewing temperature (it’s usually at boiling). It’s not a bad tea, however.

Not bad for a bagged tea. It was a bit weak for me though, I like strong green tea.

This tea was okay, and certainly worse than I remember, but part of the reason for that is because I have a cold right now. Regardless, this is green tea. There is nothing else to be said about it. It has no distinguishing features, no interesting flavors, and no unique aroma. It is a tea marketed to the masses, and it has a taste that, while not offensive by any stretch, is lacking.