Blackberry Sage

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “*Great Canadian Traveling Tea Box* Certainly having fun with the travelling teabox today. I won't get through them all today but i'm well on my way to being able to package the box up...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4044 tasting notes
  • “The best thing about this tea is the smell. Really great blackberry aroma comes wafting from the tin and the brewed liquid. I tried two cups using my fancy new water kettle my gf just got me...” Read full tasting note
    jason 112 tasting notes
  • “This tea was a favorite of mine when I was in my late teens, right before I switched to loose-leaf. I first discovered it in Rutherfordton, North Carolina at a combination coffee shop and bar...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 457 tasting notes
  • “My Wednesday night was the beginning of my climb out of a work-week funk (kicked off by the drive thru lady at Wendys accidentally giving the bf and I _four_ chocolate frosties instead of _two_,...” Read full tasting note
    lfiske29 28 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Tea For Wisdom. The soft taste and sweet aroma of fresh blackberries is experienced with the first sip of this fruity tea. A subtle undertone of cool white sage adds a balanced finish. Wonderful iced.

About The Republic of Tea View company

So yet another tea from the Great Canadian Travelling Tea Box (pt. 1).
I really rather loved this tea and need to get my hands on more. I had this tea on October 8th and Jan 28th. I really had fun having this tea and was able to re-steep it too, so more awesome!

Dry leaf: the tea was in a tea bag, but i was still able to note the sweet scent, which I find really alluring to my senses.
Steeped: When steeped, the scent is both sweet and subtle. The water is a dark color, brown with purple-y tints. The tea itself is both sweet and surprisingly light for a black tea. The taste is also solid in the the berry sense.

I really found the tea’s taste perfect, it was not too sweet flavor-wise. It was very soothing. And like I said, it is alluring and entrancing to taste and smell.

jeweledthumb

I put some of the decaf blackberry sage in the recent version of the box which I think made it’s way to you fairly recently. Curious if they taste the same or similar.

Calla

I’’ll Let you know…. thats a tea that’s for sure in the pile of teas to try. And I like a good decaf once in a while… so we shall see if it is as good as this one _

This tea is a nice blend of blackberry and sage. I am glad that the sage does not overpower the blackberry. This is a nice ice tea. I can definitely drink this on a hot summer day.

Great Canadian TTB

This one sounded very interesting however my experiences with Republic of Tea have not been all that great. Luckily, I was able to grab a teabag from the box and give it a try.

This is actually much better than the other RoTs I have had but still nothing mind blowing. I am finding the blackberry comes through more in smell than taste and the sage is only noticeable if I search for it. However, it is pleasant enough that I am enjoying the cup. I doubt I would have it again though. Thank you Jeweled Thumb for the chance to try this tea.

had this at a formal tea on saturday, man it is tasty with a dash of cream and sugar, American style!

I personal don’t alter my tea with and sugar, honey, milk…etc. and found this tea refreshing. Like others have mentioned it is better as an ice tea

Another one of the teas I usually have on hand. I don’t usually like berry flavored teas, because they tend to taste too artificial to me, like koolaid or something. This one, however, is very nice. It’s delicious hot and cold.

A bit sweet for a hot tea, but perfect a tea to ice for summertime – actually it’s extremely good for that. I highly recommend that.

For bagged tea, I really love Blackberry Sage. The aroma is amazing, and it is sweet but not too sweet. I taste more of the fruit than the sage, but it has a great balance between the two. It also makes a delicious iced tea!

Fantastic to smell as it is to drink, this tea is berry nice. ;) Lots o’ dried blackberries mixed in, too.

I love, love, love this tea. The blend is amazing, and the aroma and taste is delicious. What I like is that unsweetened, the blackberry flavor is very subtle and the sage mellow; sweetened, the blackberry pops and the sage is still mellow. I usually drink hot, but it is very good iced as well.

190 °F / 87 °C