Oolong Tea
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “Yesterday I cleaned out my closet and purged it of old clothes and shoes. Today, my daughter and granddaughter (who is 5'9 like I 'was') came over to 'shop' from my closet before I haul everything...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 673 tasting notes
  • “Oh, lovely coconut oolong... where have you been all my life? Hands down, this is the best coconut oolong that I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. Oolong is most definitely my favorite tea,...” Read full tasting note
    QuiltGuppy 247 tasting notes
  • “So I had some fannings of this left over, which I've been saving for eons now... for what I don't know... but after all the talk recently about which is the best Coconut Oolong, and my recent lack...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1308 tasting notes
  • “I just mixed a cold brewed mug of this with a can of lime flavored sparkling water (La Croix brand). Yummy "lime in the coconut" green tea "soda" with no sugar, carbs, sodium, or calories! :-)” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2474 tasting notes

From The Spice and Tea Exchange

This special grade of green tea is produced in the high-elevation tea gardens of Hubei, China. A smooth & mellow cup, with a sweet aroma and the slight flavor of toasted chestnuts. Moderate Caffeine. (http://www.spiceandtea.com/coconut-oolong-p-587.html)

About The Spice and Tea Exchange View company

Surprised. I am a bit of a purist that likes of my tea ‘uninterrupted’ by added flavors/elements, but this Bao Zhong in combination with the naturally sweet coconut is creamy, smooth and delicious. I agree with other reviews that is gives Nantou Milky Gold varieties some close competition. And it does seem to ‘sweeten’ as it cools. It holds flavor for a second cup too. Now I’m curious to try other brands & offerings to compare!

For some reason, I had remembered this tea tasting funky. Before throwing it out I decided to try it again and I’m glad that I did. One of the few oolong teas in my cupboard right now, and also the only with coconut, but I’m not sure why. This is a simple and delicious coconut tea. Would be delicious mixed with an almond/chocolate tea for a sweet almond joy flavor. I tried it with coconut nectar.

Flavors: Coconut

I’m pretty new to tea drinking, but so far this is my favorite that I’ve bought. In the bag it smells strange but really good like grass and coconut, like some kind of cooked tropical vegetable or food I can’t really place the name of. Brewed the smell and taste are so smooth like coconut oil. I’m pretty obsessed and have been drinking nonstop. Highly recommend.

Flavors: Coconut

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Buttery oolong with delicate coconut flavour. Slight sweet floral note.

Thanks to Indigobloom for this tea!

This is one of my most refreshing summer green teas. I tried to drink 3+ cups of tea a day and this always seems to make my list. The coconut is light, at times subtle depending on how it was brewed.

This tea is excellent in the later afternoon. I also find it extremely refreshing when poured over ice on an especially sweltering day.

I love this tea. I put in a little bit of The Spice and Tea Exchange’s coconut sugar in it. It smells so good, too. Would be a perfect pair to almond cookies!