Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cash & Chris
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I love unintentional surprises! I forgot I bought this tea last fall during a camping trip to the Smokies. Detoured for a shopping trip in Gatlinburg, TN. I just found it under a bunch of bags of...” Read full tasting note
    chelleswelly 33 tasting notes
  • “This was gifted to me in a colleague holiday gift exchange. Thank you, Secret Giftee! I wanted to try a new herbal tonight, as I've had more than my fair share of caffeine today. It smells...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1107 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #8 - my last for today. I drank more tea than I thought! Yay, a hibiscus tea that isn't overtaken by sour notes! :) Except instead, it's all about the cinnamon. No plum... just spice. I'm...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1285 tasting notes
  • “Not a fan of this one at all. I adore cinnamon but that is the undercurrent here. I have no idea what the main notes are, but plum they are not to my tastes. I couldn't even finish the mug. :(” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes

From The Spice and Tea Exchange

Rich with currants, hibiscus and hints of plum, this herbal tea also has notes of cinnamon and licorice root. Delicious served hot or iced. Contains: cinnamon, hibiscus, currants, licorice root, natural plum flavor. Caffeine Free.

About The Spice and Tea Exchange View company

I love unintentional surprises!
I forgot I bought this tea last fall during a camping trip to the Smokies. Detoured for a shopping trip in Gatlinburg, TN. I just found it under a bunch of bags of dried beans.
The dry leaf has a nice cinnamon and fruity aroma.
The tea liquor is a deep dark magenta, like pickled beet juice.
The aroma is complex and spicy, mmmmmmmm really lovely.
I was expecting a lot of sour due to the hue and hibiscus but no, it’s rather sweet with a nice spicy background from the cinnamon. I do taste plum and it really goes well with cinnamon. I think that this tea was a great find and I am happy to have a nice rich herbal tea for an evening cup.
I see that several tea companies offer a cinnamon plum blend that I might try as well.
I really like this flavor!

canadianadia

yay for happy surprises!

I wanted to try a new herbal tonight, as I’ve had more than my fair share of caffeine today. It smells strongly of cinnamon, licorice and something I failed to place, however steeped it’s all cinnamon. All I’m getting out of the brew however is hibiscus, followed by cinnamon, and something… off. Musty, darker fruit? Perhaps this is the plum. Sweetened with some Truvia (1tsp for 12oz), it’s still… yeah, I have to dump this. Sorry giftee, as I know your intentions were only the best.

sherapop

Sometimes it just wasn’t meant to be! ;-)

Backlog #8 – my last for today. I drank more tea than I thought!
Yay, a hibiscus tea that isn’t overtaken by sour notes! :)
Except instead, it’s all about the cinnamon. No plum… just spice. I’m still undecided. Well, it does seem to be a mood tea. and I do appreciate a spot of cinnamon now and again. and it’s loads better than the Kampai :)
Bah, Toronto water will save it. yes it will!!

SimpliciTEA

Your description of your rating system cracks me up!

Indigobloom

hehe thanks SimpliciTea :P

Not a fan of this one at all. I adore cinnamon but that is the undercurrent here. I have no idea what the main notes are, but plum they are not to my tastes. I couldn’t even finish the mug. :(

Indigobloom

Maybe it’d be good for mixing :(

TeaBrat

maybe the hibiscus ruined it…

Oh dear.

Before looking this up, I thought this was a black tea base — not a metric buttload of hibiscus.

Oh dear.

Suprisingly, it doesn’t kill the cup as much as I was thinking. This is really all about the cinnamon, and it’s really a potent cinnamon. There’s a definite tart note that settles behind the cinnamon. Then the sweetness of licorice. And somewhere behind that is the note that suggests plum, but in an under ripe not terribly plummy kind of way.

I don’t hate this and it definitely wasn’t awful enough to pitch the cup. But boy am I glad I only have two cups of this to get through.

Did I mention it was snowing today? Because seriously.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
__Morgana__

“Metric buttload.” LOL.

Stephanie

LOL…cinnamon and hibiscus sounds dreadful :P