Black Fruit Blend
Black Currant, Blueberry, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “This one is new from Spice & Tea Exchange and I first tried it when a friend of mine brought it over with her cool blue cast iron teapot to brew in not too long ago. I haven't been able to forget...” Read full tasting note
    CupofTree 51 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! That's really all I have to say, haha. That and... I tried half of my cup iced. I may have made it a little weak, but it was still pleasant. Though for some reason, it seems to have...” Read full tasting note
    lindseym 180 tasting notes
  • “I thought I'd give it another go, this one. Well, I'm glad I did because this is much better!! There is a lot more blueberry flavour now. It still won't replace my secret love of the DT version by...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1326 tasting notes
  • “This is my final The Spice and Tea Exchange (TSTE) entry in the trilogy purchased by my thoughtful wife last weekend. I hate to see these selections come to an end. The first two that I tried, ...” Read full tasting note
    Stoo 161 tasting notes

From The Spice and Tea Exchange

Organic black tea from Yunnan, China is mixed with luscious organic blueberries for a bold flavor combination. Delicious served hot, or makes a stunning iced tea. Contains: black tea, blueberries, cornflower, natural blueberry flavor. Contains caffeine.

About The Spice and Tea Exchange View company

This one is new from Spice & Tea Exchange and I first tried it when a friend of mine brought it over with her cool blue cast iron teapot to brew in not too long ago. I haven’t been able to forget this tea since then and today I finally went out and bought some.
It smells incredible. Blueberry scrumptiousness. I love that there are real blueberry pieces in it and that its a Yunnan black tea.
I really like the Spice & Tea Exchange, its the only good tea store experience I can have down here.

The first pot I made is just not the same as the first time I had it… but perhaps I need more time with it. Maybe her tea pot was seasoned with this tea as she told me its been the only one brewed in it for a while.
What ended up making this tea awesome for me this time was a cranberry orange white chocolate cookie from whole foods. It was amazing and I didn’t know I even liked cranberry orange.

Anyway, I’ve been on a crazy blueberry tea kick lately, and tried some other blueberry teas not worth mentioning. I wanted to add almond milk to this but it has to defrost from being in the back of the fridge (yeah thats not normal) so I had to use regular milk instead. I also used blue agave and its much better now.
I want to figure out how to create those blueberry tea mistos I used to get at Starbucks before they took them away.

Indigobloom

ahhh I looooove Spice Exchange! they hardly ever come out with new teas…

amills

They just came out with some amazing holiday teas! I saw it on their website spiceandtea.com

CupofTree

Yes I saw the holiday teas there too, they smelled really good!

Sipdown! That’s really all I have to say, haha.

That and… I tried half of my cup iced. I may have made it a little weak, but it was still pleasant. Though for some reason, it seems to have made the bitterness come out a bit more.

Nicole

Most of the blueberry teas I’ve tried iced seem to be more tart than I like when cold. :(

I thought I’d give it another go, this one. Well, I’m glad I did because this is much better!!
There is a lot more blueberry flavour now. It still won’t replace my secret love of the DT version by any means, but at least I am finding this cup enjoyable.
Shame though, that it seems to be a flavour distribution issue, as well as a base choice problem.
SO. This particular cup would garner a rating of about 77. Darn inconsistencies.

This is my final The Spice and Tea Exchange (TSTE) entry in the trilogy purchased by my thoughtful wife last weekend. I hate to see these selections come to an end. The first two that I tried, Black Chocolate and Lapsang Souchong, were simply amazing. Let’s see if TSTE can keep the run alive!

When I opened the zip-lock pouch of black leaves with blue, yellow, and brown specks, a very strong fruity/blueberry aroma was instantly revealed. It was a natural smell, not fake or chemical.

I steeped the leaves at 212 degrees for four minutes as recommended in the instructions on the pouch. The brewed color was a deep amber. A robust blueberry odor gushed from the pot.

My first sip produced a sweet, smooth, and very blueberry taste in my mouth. The flavor was much like the smell: sweet, full, and very natural, without any artificial inclinations. The taste was like fresh blueberries had just been picked and squeezed over the tea. The black tea attribute was in the back of the bus at no disadvantage to the great flavor.

The taste remained delightfully unchanged with all subsequent sips (and then gulps). Bitterness was nowhere to be found. The aftertaste was sweet and fruity. It reminded me of the glass of natural blueberry juice I drank a while back.

I wasn’t that fond of fruity teas as most of the ones I tried seem to have a chemical or perfume-like taste. However, the flavor of this tea was excellent. It was wonderful at breakfast and I’m sure it would be equally terrific at lunch, dinner, or iced. This blend was great enough to make me give the fruity tea category another chance!

To say that I am extremely impressed by the quality and flavor of TSTE’s teas would be a gross understatement. As I mentioned in an earlier tasting note, their selections are somewhat pricey at about $5.50 per ounce. Having said that, I also feel that the quality matched the price. All three of the selections that I tried were absolutely incredible. I may need to send my wife on another trip to the Washington, D.C., area soon! :-)

I love blueberry teas. Although I suspect I have rather high standards. This one isn’t a favorite. It has a slight “possibly” blueberry flavor. It actually reminds me a bit of black current flavoring. The aftertaste is perfumy. The base is smooth, not bitter or astringent.

I brewed this as a standard tea and then chilled in a pitcher overnight in the refrigerator.

Flavors: Black Currant, Blueberry, Perfume

I had a cup of this last night.
This is my boyfriends favorite tea, and when I go visit my friends out of state I make sure to pick him up some. So we brewed it up and had it last night while catching up on Game of Thrones.
Its good! As said in my note about Paris, I like fruity black teas, and this one hits the spot. The blueberry really comes through, and its quite enjoyable. Maybe next time I’ll pick some up for myself. Until then, I’ll just raid my boyfriends cupboard when I want a sip.

Thanks to Indigobloom for a sample of this tea. I’ve been trying to eat fruit with breakfast every day and I love berries. This time of year I usually get the frozen berries which are still a treat.

Spice & Tea Exchange claims this is a yunnan black tea, which is an interesting choice for the base. When I first tried this, I thought it was a ceylon due to the fruitiness, but I guess that’s the berry flavoring. I steeped this for 4 minutes before trying it, and still the overall blueberry flavor is light. It does taste fresh and natural but isn’t knocking me over in the flavor department. I detect more yunnan here than berry. I can’t quite make my mind up how I feel about this. One sip I am finding myself wanting more, but then another sip I feel it’s lacking.

I’m a fickle tea drinker this morning, but this was a good tasting experiment!

Indigobloom

Oh I completely forgot that this was a yunnan! Lol maybe that’s why I judged it so harshly :P

Indigobloom

Aha and I just looked at my note, I did mention that after all..

TeaBrat

it’s definitely an interesting combo!

Indigobloom

Yup, no question about that ;D