Butter, Hazelnut, Sweet, Cookie
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “We stopped by The Spice & Tea Exchange while we were in Asheville and picked out this tea on a whim. I made a travel mug for the boy to take with him when he was leaving for St. Louis, and he...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “This is a black tea with hazelnut. I feel it's not quite at it's full potential though and I'm not sure what to add/I don't actually want to add anything, because more often than not I end up...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 701 tasting notes
  • “we were drudging through historic Williamsburg. my sister and i had run out of things to say to my dad and his wife a few hours ago. we all had a beer to ease the tension. then my sis and i spotted...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Pia M* for this sample. I made a pot and shared it with a coworker. This is an interesting tea. I can definitely taste the hazelnut although as it cooled down, it got somewhat...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 556 tasting notes

From The Spice and Tea Exchange

The rich taste of Ceylon black tea is paired with the natural flavor of toasty hazelnut in this smooth and aromatic tea. Add cream and sweetener for a delicious dessert beverage. Ingredients: black tea and natural hazelnut flavoring. Contains caffeine.

About The Spice and Tea Exchange View company

We stopped by The Spice & Tea Exchange while we were in Asheville and picked out this tea on a whim. I made a travel mug for the boy to take with him when he was leaving for St. Louis, and he called 5 minutes after leaving to say how good it was. It certainly smells good while it’s steeping, and puts a wonderful smell in the air. The dry leaves smell like nutty hazelnuts with a wonderful cookie aroma. Sadly, I’m not getting much cookie in the taste at all. It’s a nice cup of toasty hazelnut black tea, without much cookie noticeable. There is a sweetness to the tea, so maybe that’s supposed to be the cookie? With milk and sugar it becomes a creamy cup. The black tea is definitely strong (almost to the point of being bitter), so this will be a nice morning tea.

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs.
-Dry leaves smell of nutty hazelnuts with an underlying cookie scent. Tea liquor aroma is of toasty hazelnut.
-Tea liquor is a clear very dark brown color.
-Robust flavor with a nutty finish. Somewhat bitter malty aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Good tea. A strong cup of toasty hazelnut. Little cookie flavor noticeable.

This is a black tea with hazelnut. I feel it’s not quite at it’s full potential though and I’m not sure what to add/I don’t actually want to add anything, because more often than not I end up ruining my tea. I’m not really getting any “cookie” flavour but it’s still a nice cup.

Thanks jessiwrites!

we were drudging through historic Williamsburg. my sister and i had run out of things to say to my dad and his wife a few hours ago. we all had a beer to ease the tension. then my sis and i spotted this place! tired of looking at old buildings? go shopping for tea! the tea wasn’t super top notch or anything, but we could purchase small bags of a nice variety and it was super fun to smell all the tea.

this was a sweet little treat tea. thanks oddree for sharing as ALWAYS!

Thanks to Pia M for this sample. I made a pot and shared it with a coworker.

This is an interesting tea. I can definitely taste the hazelnut although as it cooled down, it got somewhat bitter. Much better while hot.

Another delicious dessert tea! (I’m building my arsenal in hopes that I’ll have the willpower to reach for a cup of tea instead of another cookie this holiday season.) The Cookie Lady sent me a sample of this one in our recent swap and I’m so glad she did! It has a fantastic smooth, buttery texture (it’s almost reminding me of an oolong, actually) and an intense hazelnut flavor. It’s not super cookie-like, but the flavor is so nice that I don’t mind that.

Flavors: Butter, Hazelnut, Sweet

carol who sent me some of this to try in the swap package I got from her yesterday! I was excited to try this one tonight because I just had Harney and Sons’ Florence a couple of nights ago and wanted to see how a non-cocoa version would compare. I am surprised that I feel like I can actually taste a buttery kind of shortbread thing going on here. Maybe it’s just the hazelnut that is so buttery? I don’t know. You know those almond cookies you can sometimes get in Chinese restaurants? This tea is what I imagine a hazelnut version of that cookie would taste like. I don’t have any milk to add today, but I think it would be good in this.

Now for the real question: Which could I see myself reaching for more often when in a hazelnut mood, Florence from H&S or Hazelnut Cookie from the Spice & Tea Co.?……..I’d probably choose this because it seems more dessert-like.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Hazelnut

carol who

Glad you liked it :D

I got this tea on my trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago. It’s the first chance I’ve had to try it out after being flooded with TTBs. (Oh, what torture to drink lots of tea) The dry scent is hazelnut and black tea. (Duh, big surprise, huh) The package said 1 tablespoon instead of the usual 1 teaspoon. I think it may have been a typo but I tried it anyway. Well… the aroma is hazelnut-y and black tea. With sweetener and milk its a nice enough cup of tea. I think it’s a little strong. I definitely think it was a typo and should have been 1 tsp. I would really like to think that a tea company would know the difference between tsp. and tbs. However it’s not bad. Some astringency that you would expect from a black tea. I’ll try it with a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon and see what happens. I’m not rating it yet.

Cheri

Yeah, it might have just been a typo, or maybe they think people would like it really strong?

Cheri

I’ve got the Tea Sparrow subscription box, and they like to recommend teas really strong. The original company will recommend one t, and they’re recommend 1T all the time. Blah.

Pleasant fragrance and aroma. The flavoring doesn’t taste fake. Nice and smooth…. I drank this with sweetener and cream, and I think this will make a nice dessert tea. Would also be great when I just want a little sweet “something something”.