Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is quite delicious, but I think it should be renamed Carrot Cupcake Chai, as it's a little spicy. In a good way. That said, it still reminds me very much of carrot cake, only a not so mild...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes
  • “This was good, but I found that it had a very mild flavor, which was surprising for something containing cloves! It tasted more like a spice cake (which could be a carrot spice cake, I suppose)...” Read full tasting note
    lindseym 180 tasting notes
  • “I do really like this tea as I have been craving carrot cake lately. It brews up a nice strong orange color and does taste like carrot cake...would make a nice dessert tea as well. I drank this one...” Read full tasting note
    piam 24 tasting notes

From The Spice and Tea Exchange

Put that fork down! All the flavors of your favorite carrot cake are in this tea and we’ve taken the calories out for you. This cozy Chinese Keemun black tea is blended with carrots, apples, oranges, cloves, cinnamon and vanilla to create a flavor worth celebrating. Live life on the edge and try it with Ginger, Coconut or Vanilla Sugar!

Limited Edition – Available through May 31, 2013.

About The Spice and Tea Exchange View company

This is quite delicious, but I think it should be renamed Carrot Cupcake Chai, as it’s a little spicy. In a good way. That said, it still reminds me very much of carrot cake, only a not so mild one.
The spices are blended nicely, and it goes well with milk. A comforting cup. OH!! I also feel like there is some sort of “icing” component here. Perhaps that’s the coconut/vanilla addition? Either way, I had a heaven moment there when sipping away. Yum!

So. This was supposed to go to someone I know but I had ordered a bunch of stuff for various people when Mum went to Florida last year, and then she forgot them there so had to wait three months to bring them back on the next trip… and then my email got deleted so I’m not sure who… (facebook changed their settings and all of a sudden things were moved around)
Anyhow, if it was you, or if I’m mistaken and it was another tea I owe you from the Spice Exchange, please let me know! Hope ya don’t mind that I sampled it!!
It’s been in my cupboard for over a year now, I asked around before and nobody has claimed it… so speak up or I’ll forever hold your tea ;)
Would be a shame to lose out on this one, whoever you are.

Yvonne

Mmmm – I’m sure it’s similar to DTT’s Carrot Cake.

This was good, but I found that it had a very mild flavor, which was surprising for something containing cloves! It tasted more like a spice cake (which could be a carrot spice cake, I suppose) than a cupcake to me. Nothing in there to simulate cream cheese or sweet frosting.

I do have to say that it’s an improvement on David’s Tea Carrot Cake, which stunk of artificial perfume. This one actually smelled of the ingredients – mostly cinnamon & clove. It would make a good autumnal tea, with its harvest spices, so it’s interesting that they did a limited release of it during the spring months.

As a side note, what is up with calendula petals in all in my tea?! I was curious about it yesterday, so I did a little research, and apparently, calendula petal is “the poor man’s saffron.” It’s supposed to have a slightly bitter, peppery flavor that can be either tangy or salty, and it’s commonly used in soup stock. Seems like an odd choice for tea, to me! (Not that I think I’m tasting any of those flavors, but that’s the flavor it’s supposed to impart.)

Fuzzy_Peachkin

The calendula could explain why I taste something “peppery” when I drink Butiki’s Violet Rose Candula. Thanks for the research!

CHAroma

I really have to try this one. It’s been sitting in my cupboard for a month!

I do really like this tea as I have been craving carrot cake lately. It brews up a nice strong orange color and does taste like carrot cake…would make a nice dessert tea as well. I drank this one with sweetener and cream and it was very satifying for my sweet tooth. To bad this is a limited edition tea and will be gone again end of May!