Green Kukicha - Organic Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ~lauren.

• “The first time I had a good cup of Japanese green tea I was all, "Whoa! Do they put seaweed in this! Yum!" I've always loved seaweed. Those kids who made faces at me when I had my yummy seaweed...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 512 tasting notes
  • “This is a smooth, very tasty cup of tea! Sweeter than other green teas I've had. Still has a slightly crisp finish, but it's so smooth! Thanks to Batrachoid for letting me try. ” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 525 tasting notes
  • “sugoi fruity desu yo! The leaves and twigs do smell of fruit (possibly mango) but that lies beneath the more prominent smell hay & grass. The smell is pretty exciting leading up to actually...” Read full tasting note
    Shane 39 tasting notes

From The Tao of Tea

Native Name: Senkukicha
Origin: Japan

Plucking Season: Late Spring

Introduction: Also known as Senkukicha. This tea is a non-roasted green version of Kukicha with a creamy sweet flavor similar to mangoes. Clear bright green brew. Low in caffeine.

Flavor Profile: Sweet, fruity, oceanic aroma and smooth, grassy-sweet flavor.

Ingredients: 100% Organic Green Tea Leaves
Certified Organic by: Quality Assurance International (QAI)

Brewing Suggestions
Water Temp 150°F-170°F (66°C-77°C)

Quantity of Leaf (1 tsp / 8oz water)

Steep Time (minutes) 2 – 3 minutes

Infusions 2 – 3

Japanese green teas have by far the most delicate, sensitive leaf and are some of the most challenging (and rewarding) teas to brew. However, larger leaf Bancha as well as roasted teas like Houjicha and Kukicha can use slightly higher temperature water and longer steeping times. We recommend using water at 150 to 170 F and steeping one teaspoon of leaf per 8 ounce cup for 2 to 3 minutes. This method provides 2 to 3 satisfying infusions. Japanese green teas can be enjoyed in a variety of brewing styles but are traditionally steeped in a kyushu (a small, side-handle pot).

About The Tao of Tea View company

The first time I had a good cup of Japanese green tea I was all, “Whoa! Do they put seaweed in this! Yum!” I’ve always loved seaweed. Those kids who made faces at me when I had my yummy seaweed snacks are probably eating sushi these days. hah!

So anyway. I love seaweedy Japanese greens. It’s the last of my sample from Batrachoid. sad. It’s tastes a lot more savory this time. Seaweed and hay. And most importantly, warm. I wish I could drink from my toes cause they are freeeezing! Now I want sushi.

This is a smooth, very tasty cup of tea! Sweeter than other green teas I’ve had. Still has a slightly crisp finish, but it’s so smooth! Thanks to Batrachoid for letting me try.

sugoi fruity desu yo! The leaves and twigs do smell of fruit (possibly mango) but that lies beneath the more prominent smell hay & grass. The smell is pretty exciting leading up to actually drinking the tea.

Alright, I don’t taste any remnants of the sweet smell, and sencha of course comes to mind immediately, but with a dry aftertaste of malt. It’s a great morning tea.

I only purchased 1 oz but I will buy this tea again with the regular 3 oz tin; it’s that good.