Strong Fire Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CMT 雲 山 茶

From The Tao of Tea

In making Strong Fire only the mature, hardy leaves are plucked. They are then ‘withered’ in the sun for a few hours to reduce moisture. Once suitable suppleness is achieved in the leaves, traditional rolling techniques ( at least 13 different motions) are applied in conjunction with light roasting to achieve the optimum shape and flavor. A final ‘high roast’ is given to complete the processing.

Heavy texture, bitter-sweet chocolate taste. Toasty aroma.

About The Tao of Tea View company

I was a little scared to try this, for fear that it would end up tasting very smoky. But I’m finding this to be delightfully roasty-toasty and very comforting. Like curling up to a warm fire when the first chilly evenings begin in autumn. It has a smoky tone to it, to be sure, but, I think that it is nicely balanced with the roasted flavor. It’s really quite lovely, and I’m looking forward to several flavorful infusions.

Indigobloom

a smoky oolong! I’ve never heard of that… neato!!

Kashyap

its great and is a reasonable alternative to many ‘like’ teas…double fired tiekuanyin or aged wood fired oolongs…..the tao of tea is an awesome place and the owner Veerinder is a wonderful person

Got a fresh batch of this Mega Yummy Oolong!
Packed in a bunch of leaves into my Yixing pot and made it coffee strong.

Jury’s still out. A very distinctive, charred sort of flavor. I don’t think this is a lazy man’s tea, so no cup+tea for this one.