Nepali Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

From The Tao of Tea

Very buttery, almost void of any astringency. Full-bodied, smooth with flavor of dried, preserved plums.

About The Tao of Tea View company

It has been a very kind day to me today from the World of Teas…

I bought this a little while ago but have not had the chance to try it out now. I appreciate that this comes from a small farm in Nepal because this is an area of the world I would like to continue supporting. I got the small wonder tin of this tea which was only $4 an ounce. Truly a bargain.

This is a lovely amber colored tea, indeed it is buttery, I am getting a bit more nectarine than plum. It reminds me of the honey phoenix which I also got from the Tao of Tea… This is tasty and toasty with a rich mouthfeel. A hint of buttered toast with jam. A mellow and relaxing cup…

In the interest of full disclosure I like most plain oolongs I have tried, even the one served at the Chinese Restaurant down the street!

LiberTEAS

This is an awesome Oolong!

I am enjoying it a lot!

Charles Thomas Draper

The price is right. Sounds delicious.

TeaBrat

It was a pleasant surprise. I only wish it was organic.

ScottTeaMan

I’ve always wanted to try an Oolong from Nepal. Maybe I’ll order some when I order their Mei Li~~how beautiful that would be…and delicious!

TeaBrat

you should try it… it’s so inexpensive you don’t have much to lose. I have liked all of their oolongs so far.

ScottTeaMan

I think their Mei Li is very reasonable too. OK, so I want to place orders with Tao of Tea, Tea Vivre, maybe some from Rishi….WOW, I’m gonna have to pace myself… :))

TeaBrat

you’re an addict just like the rest of us.. ;-)

LatteTeaDah

This sounds like the kind of oolong I enjoy, on the buttery side. Will definitely have to try it out!

This has a faded fresh yet cocoa-powder aroma to it before infusing.

The leaves are WILD and fun! Almost a natural tye-dyed effect or natural/earthy colors! LOVE these leaves!

WOW! The smell of this completely changes as it infuses! A nice, unique scent. Buttery but very plum-like with a hint of nuttiness!

The leaves are swimming and dancing around in my cup…very active lil buggers!

The color of the liquor is very light brown with almost a greyness to it.

The taste is very pure. Seems to quench my thirst. There are both fruity and nutty hints present…maybe more plum notes than nut notes tho. This is a VERY Impressive Oolong! It’s creamy, too! And Buttery! yes! A lovely Buttery end sip on to the aftertaste! Ahhhhh! I like this a lot!

My last of this one. Used a little more leaf to finish it off and really can taste the buttery flavor. I’m sad to see the last of this tea.