Pitta-Dosha

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “This is a very unusual tisane. The hibiscus is not overly tart, but it does provide a good deal of body and color to the tisane. I can taste the hibiscus flavor, but not so much of the hibiscus...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes
  • “Jake and I decided to enjoy this tea a little differently this morning - I made an infused butter with it for our pancakes! When I get around to pancake butter infusions, I usually use straight up...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 251 tasting notes
  • “I cold steeped this for about 24 hours, and liked it well enough there's another thermos of it going now. I'm still perplexed how I like this as much as I do, as there are at least two components...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Thanks LiberTeas! This is tart and double the floral...you have chamomile AND rose! The tartiness is from the hibiscus. I'm not much of a fan of either Hibiscus or Chamomile but this isn't too...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From The Tao of Tea

Introduction: In Ayurvedic principles, Pitta is the fire element. It is the energy needed for metabolism and heat in the body. Pitta regulates digestion, absorption and promotes balance in vitality and appetite. It is the alert, logical and intelligent aspect of the self.

A Pitta imbalance can have some of the following indicators: generally feel warm, low tolerance to hot weather, prone to inflammatory conditions such as acne, rashes or heartburn, an overly competitive, aggressive or perfectionist nature. When Pitta is in balance digestion and metabolism are strong. You feel alert, focused and at a comfortable body temperature.

Our Ayurvedic Pitta herbal tea can help restore balance to your Pitta energy with cooling flowers and mint.

About The Tao of Tea View company

This is a very unusual tisane. The hibiscus is not overly tart, but it does provide a good deal of body and color to the tisane. I can taste the hibiscus flavor, but not so much of the hibiscus tart.

It is a very interesting combination of flavors – it tastes familiar but unlike anything I can ever remember tasting! I like it though!

CMT 雲 山 茶

Not really a fan of there Ayurvedic Teas.

gmathis

Interesting product description!

Jake and I decided to enjoy this tea a little differently this morning – I made an infused butter with it for our pancakes! When I get around to pancake butter infusions, I usually use straight up cloves or anise, so this was an interesting change.

I put the stovetop unit on medium, melted half a stick of butter, and added about 2 tablespoons of dry tea. I let it alone until butter was completely melted, after which I stirred occasionally until it began to simmer. I let that go on for 2-3 minutes, then pulled it off the stove and strained it into a small Pyrex dish. After that, all I had to do was stir it occasionally so that it wouldn’t separate.

Spooned over pancakes, this was awesome! Each bite was a tasty mix of maple syrup and roses. I may add more tea next time, for even more intense flavor, but this is totally something I’m going to try again!

If you’re curious, here are some pictures of the process:

I cold steeped this for about 24 hours, and liked it well enough there’s another thermos of it going now. I’m still perplexed how I like this as much as I do, as there are at least two components in here I don’t normally much care for (chamomile and hibiscus).

This brews up such a lovely raspberry color thanks to the hibiscus. It’s a bit tart, but the hibiscus is tempered quite a good deal by the mint and chamomile. The rose doesn’t come through much in the cold steep, but the chamomile does and becomes a bit apple-y. Then mint is the dominant note, and easily my favorite.

The whole thing tastes a bit like apple mint jelly, though. So that’s kind of neat.

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Thanks LiberTeas!

This is tart and double the floral…you have chamomile AND rose! The tartiness is from the hibiscus. I’m not much of a fan of either Hibiscus or Chamomile but this isn’t too shabby considering it has both. I think it would be better cold, however.

One of the indulgences that got me through my undergraduate work. I’m not the biggest hibiscus fan, and mentioning a tea that has a “floral” taste usually sends me scurrying in the other direction. Curiously, this blend appeals to me anyway. The flavor is cool and soothing, likely due to the heavy dose of mint it contains. Beware overbrewing, as that brings the tartness of the infusion out to the point where I wince a little with every sip I take. If you’re looking for a summer brew, this also happens to be great on ice.