Twisted Leaf Assam

Assam Black Tea
Malt, Sweet, Sugarcane
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

From The Tao of Tea

Native Name: Assam Jaat

Origin: Assam, Northeastern India

Plucking Season: Midsummer

Introduction: Made as per The Tao of Tea specifications. This Twisted Leaf Assam is probably a first for this tea growing region. We provided the insight to develop an Assam tea with actual full size tea leaves that are sideways rolled and baked (The Northern Taiwanese Baozhong teas are also made in this rolling manner and known for their clear flavors). As the tea steeps, you can see the entire tea leaf unroll and open up. For those who are wary of brisk teas, this tea doesn’t have a hint of bitterness or briskness.

Flavor Profile: Sweet, malty notes and a deep red colored liquor.

Ingredients: FOP Grade Black Tea Leaves.

About The Tao of Tea View company

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea.

A FANTASTIC Assam. Bold and sweet. Very malty. There are some cocoa notes in there too. It has a baked-bread-y kind of taste and texture to it, very hearty. I love this. YUM!

Malty with a touch of sweetness! Not bitter at all! This is MARVY! I really like this! YUM! It’s medium brown in color and of medium strength for a black tea. A nice sweet-smooth finish. YUM!

Oh, sweet malty. This is very good with my apple pie. It has the nice, malty flavour. There is also a sweetness, and it is smooth. Thanks to cookies for the sample.

Flavors: Malt, Sweet

mmm pie

Sipdown This was a really lovely tea. With the ridiculous amount of Assams I currently have in my cupboard, I don’t think I’m going to pick up a full-size tin of this one any time soon. But I will certainly take an oz or two with my next Tao of Tea order. I did have to lower the rating just a bit, because it seems super dependent on temperature. Even 5 degrees off and it looses a bit of its magic. But no matter how I brew it it’s still quite lovely.