Black Dragon

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Backlog: A really nice Oolong. I like the charcoal-y taste to it. A nice, roasted taste with notes of mineral and hints of wood. One of the more masculine Oolong teas that I’ve...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4833 tasting notes
  • “The tea gives off a roasted aroma both in the canister and while it steeps. The recommended steeping time was longer than what I’d normally give a green(ish) oolong on the first round and it...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1739 tasting notes
  • “It’s a foggy day and I had to go to the balcony to take pictures of this tea for my blog to achieve sufficient light. So tasting it now is what I really desserve because it ’s chilly...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 408 tasting notes
  • “This tastes toasty and mineral-y. I think next time I will steep it longer to give it more flavor, but I am glad that it wasn’t astringent at all. The lack of astringency is why I tend to...” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 562 tasting notes

From The Tao of Tea

rom the famous oolong producing area of Anxi in Fujian, China. Sometimes, the anxi oolongs are also refered to as ‘se zhong’, meaning a blend of several oolongs. The processing of this tea is quite similar to the more popular Tieguanyin oolong tea. Oolong teas range in their flavor and color spectrum – from light green to dark. Tea merchants will refer this color spectrum to the level of oxidization in the tea leaves. Low (5% to 25%) oxidized teas are more green. Black Dragon is a 40 percent oxidized oolong. The leaves are tightly rolled into small pellets. When infused, the leaves unfold into their original state and provide many infusions. Toasted aroma with a sweet, strong, grain aftertaste.

About The Tao of Tea View company

Backlog:

A really nice Oolong. I like the charcoal-y taste to it. A nice, roasted taste with notes of mineral and hints of wood. One of the more masculine Oolong teas that I’ve encountered. It’s earthy, sweet, with notes of peach and very, very faint notes of flower.

I enjoyed it.

Please keep things friendly and .

The tea gives off a roasted aroma both in the canister and while it steeps. The recommended steeping time was longer than what I’d normally give a green(ish) oolong on the first round and it produced a fairly dark-coloured cup of tea. Despite the dark colour though the first steep was light-tasting to the point of being bland.

The second steeping @ 6 min was a bit better, and I could taste some lightly sweet flowery notes at the beginning of each sip, but even so it lacks the vivid flavours I’d expect from a Tie Guan Yin oolong. Perhaps I’m just spoiled by better teas. ;)

Please keep things friendly and .

It’s a foggy day and I had to go to the balcony to take pictures of this tea for my blog to achieve sufficient light. So tasting it now is what I really desserve because it ’s chilly this morning.

This is an Oolong , result of a swap with Jillian. The Tao of Tea is another company I did not know before.

The smell is slightly roasted but nothing truly exceptional.

The tea is steeping for 5 minutes and the leaves unfold a little but not that much. The liquor is of a beautiful amber .

The taste is rather disappointing , slightly roasted , slightly woody but nothing transcendent. Correct.

This is so a sympathic Oolong but I do not really want to redo a second teapot now .

It’s a tea I ‘ll take to the office on Monday , it will be perfect there, I’ll drink it without too much attention.

Pics are available here : http://thevangeliste.wordpress.com/2015/01/03/black-dragon-oolong-the-tao-of-tea/

Please keep things friendly and .

This tastes toasty and mineral-y. I think next time I will steep it longer to give it more flavor, but I am glad that it wasn’t astringent at all. The lack of astringency is why I tend to prefer oolongs to blacks. I think I will have to play with this one a little longer.

Please keep things friendly and .

Its okay, nothing special.

Please keep things friendly and .

Not overly remarkable, but long lasting, and very satisfying. Not too unlike Bamboo Mountain or Green Dragon.

Please keep things friendly and .

Delicious and delicate, with a great after taste.

Shorter steeps and lower temps helps this lose astringency and allow for multiple steeping.

Only thing that could make this better is if it had some infused Ginseng! =0