Lotus Ancien

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From The Tao of Tea

A delicate green tea with a clear, crisp flavor is paired with the heady, aromatic fragrance of Lotus, reminiscent of anise and vanilla.

About The Tao of Tea View company

I am really glad that I checked the Tao of Tea website before steeping this tea – from the appearance, I would have guessed this to be an Oolong or a black tea (the leaves do not look as green as the photo would suggest), instead, they are rather dark, like a chocolate brown.

The tea brews to a surprisingly pale color (at least, paler than I expected considering the color of the dry leaf).

This tea is amazingly good. One of the best green teas I’ve had, period. The flavor is nutty, sweet, with a deliciously sweet vanilla-y taste. I taste the anise notes as suggested in the tasting notes. It tastes creamy and floral and it is SO good. I think I may have to consider ordering some of this, as I need to send the rest of this sample to my SororiTea Sister.

Kashyap

I get this for a friend of mine at least several times a year because its their absolute favorite and they have a uncanny knack for brewing this tea perfectly

LiberTEAS

I brewed this in my breville, and it turned out awesome. I got two very flavorful steeps out of it. But, I do wish now that I would have steeped it in my gaiwan, I think it would have been even better.

Special Thanks to Liberteas for this one!
I had to take a break in the action of my Bagged Bonanza! I will probably do more this afternoon but had to get some other teas in there, too!

As soon as the water hit the leaves this screamed Anise! Even tho the product description said that I wasn’t thinking it was going to be that intense, I guess.

The taste is a combo of vanilla and anise flavors – but naturally speaking. It’s sweet and creamy on the tongue. I don’t know if I would have picked this one out of all the great offerings this company has upfront but I’m sure glad that Liberteas sent me some because it is very tasty. I do like it…much more than I anticipated.