Green Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sarah M

From The Tao of Tea

Slightly grassy taste, sweet, and light bodied. Bright herbaceous aroma with a hint of fresh snow-pea sweetness.

About The Tao of Tea View company

I LOVE green rooibos. While I love the red as well, I find green to be much more mellow. It also blends well with other tisanes- tonight it is lemongrass, and a little bit of peppermint. I really enjoy experimenting with herbal blends in the evening. I’m too caffeine sensitive for “real” tea at night.

Auggy

I’ve just realized that green rooibos exists and I think I might like it so it is good to know about its blend-ability!

Compared to oxidized rooibos, this tisane is much more mellow and light in flavor. It’s got some similar herbaceous and sweet notes, but it’s slightly more straw/hay-like in flavor. I bet it would be great for blending.

The overall flavor is fine to me, but the aroma is extremely off-putting; it’s practically all “hay” (similar to yerba mate and guayusa) and I just can’t stand it. Therefore, I much prefer oxidized rooibos.

This herbal is pure WIN. It has all the nut-sweetness of it’s redder sibling, but none of the blandness. Compliments honey well, too.

Man, I can’t get enough of this tea. It’s got all the flavor of Rooibos, but none of the back-of-the-throat medicine flavor. Very smooth but still very flavorful.

Boiling 8 min or more