Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Charbrew

From The Tao of Tea

Kukicha is made from the twigs of the tea plant, Camellia sinensis.

About The Tao of Tea View company

I’m drinking this now since it’s low in caffeine. Its good but I don’t totally love roasted twig tea in general.

ScottTeaMan

I’ve only had a couple Kukicha teas, but not this one. How are you brewing it Amy? I always brew it somewhere close to 170-175 degrees, and steep it about 3.5 minutes. Was it bitter for you?

ScottTeaMan

Hheehee….I just went back and reread your first reviw of the tea. :))~

I love this tea. It has a very VERY smooth taste. I really can’t compare it to anything else. It has a slight chocolate/nutty aroma and never becomes bitter or too strong.

In fact, to really release some of the flavour from the twigs, I bring water + the twigs to a boil. I let it all boil for about 2 minutes, remove the kukicha twigs, and then let it cool off.

You can easily infuse these twigs 3-4 times.

Boiling 8 min or more
~lauren.

Shane 元気, I am trying to find out the difference between kukicha and green kukicha by Tao of Tea. Is there a huge difference? I would very much appreciate any information you may have. Thank you.

Tea Love and Care

Hey Lauren, I haven’t had the chance to try the green kukicha yet. I will ask my tea connoisseur for some help.

~lauren.

That would be lovely! Thank you very much! I was researching on wikipedia about kukicha and it really caught my eye. I saw your post and thought that you may be of help to me. Thanks!

Tea Love and Care

Hey again, no luck on my end. Looks like we may have to be the first to try it and post it on steepster!

~lauren.

Thanks for trying to find out! I ended up ordering both the kukicha and the green kukicha from The Tao of Tea and once I try them both, I will post my experiences.

So this was a new experience for me. I now understand the whole ‘chocolate notes’ thing. It was a pretty smokey taste with a chocolatey after taste. I am pretty sure I enjoyed it, haha. I think I will have to try it a couple more times, maybe make the water a little hotter.

Why does it taste like wood? Oh wait… I really tried to like this one, but I guess it’s not for my palate.