White Earl Grey

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From The Tao of Tea

Product description not available yet.

About The Tao of Tea View company

Smells like a pale/mild earl grey
Surprisingly refreshing and mellow.
Not to shabby.

jennlea

This is the second time today that I have seen the name of this tea in 2 different places. I’m wondering if I should take that as a sign.

TeaEqualsBliss

oh wow! Really!? interesting.

IdentiTEA

A “mild” Earl Grey? Really? Were you able to taste the white tea or was it all bergamot?

TeaEqualsBliss

Yes, I could taste the White Tea! :P

I really wanted to like this tea. It was the first white tea I ever tried. I’m not sure I like white tea at all. And I don’t think the blend of white tea and bergamot really works. It’s kind of bitter on bitter. The smell of the tea was good, but it didn’t smell like something edible, more like a quality perfume. It’s all natural, so that’s not the issue. Overall, a very perfumy, overly feminine flavor.

And the clue that maybe white tea isn’t for me is that I kept over-steeping it to try to get some flavor out, which only makes it bitter. If you love white tea you may love this, I don’t know.

Mercuryhime

You can use more leaf to get more flavor out of tea, but don’t over steep it. Of course, some people just need more flavor from their tea and white teas are usually more delicate regardless of how much leaf you use. :)

This is a bergamot-scented Silver Needle white tea. While the scent holds the sour-citrus quite strongly, it mutes a bit in the taste. But not too much. Compliments vanilla extract and stevia perfectly.