Flowering Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lydia S

1 Tasting Note View all

• “So I...lifted as much information as I could about this tea from the company's website but because they change their teas and suppliers fairly regularly, this is as much as I could gather. This...” Read full tasting note
    lyddie1231 47 tasting notes

From The Tea Centre

Let this China handwoven green teaball open like a flower to provide enough tea for four. Varieties vary depending on supply.

1-3% caffeine

70 degrees celsius, no milk.

Brewing time: 6-8 minutes.

About The Tea Centre View company

1 Tasting Note

So I…lifted as much information as I could about this tea from the company’s website but because they change their teas and suppliers fairly regularly, this is as much as I could gather.

This tea looked lovely as it flowered, with a distinctive olive green and a splash of red in the centre, it was a lovely experience to watch it bloom. The waitress described this tea as a ‘soft jasmine.’ Soft indeed. I was quite disappointed with this tea, but perhaps I haven’t had enough jasmine tea? It…had a taste, but often the notes and flavour was quickly lost.

It was warm, and delicate and lovely to drink it out of a glass, but overall a little underwhelming. It wasn’t the worst tea I’ve had, and I would drink it again if offered it. I’m a little on the fence about this tea, though. Maybe I should try again? I would like to. This tea is soft, and delicate, and maybe I just didn’t approach it in the right way? I expected something totally different. I think I’ll try more jasmine teas and return to this tea later.

It has a certain soft, ethereal quality, and I’ll focus on that when I next drink it.

EDIT: My expectations for this tea was based on the fact that it reminded both my friend and I of Percy Shelley’s poem, Ozymandias. It’s difficult to correlate the imagery of the poem (sand, heat, the desert) with such a mellow, subtle jasmine blend. But I’m willing to try again.