Assam Tarajulie

Edit tea info Last updated by Tina S.

From The Tea Haus

Our Assam Tarajulie is FBOP grade (Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe), orthodox manufacturing. A thick full-bodied tea with good malty flavour. The infusion is bright and coppery. A good all day self-drinker. The Tarajulie estate lies in the shadows of the Himalayan mountains in North East India.

About The Tea Haus View company

This is tasty! and malty, but light. Almost smoky in the malt aspect, and marshmallow like. At first it was a little plain, almost like every other black tea I’ve had recently… but then I added some agave and milk and it really brought the unique parts out.
So yes! I’m quite enjoying this cuppa. Thank you Tina S for sharing! you totally just made my morning (had a little tiff with someone, so needed a pick-me-up!)
Oh and it’s a little high on the astringency. I don’t mind that but if you aren’t one to like the sour notes in straight teas, maybe sit this one out.

Tina S.

hugs Glad to have brought you a bright spot when you needed it!

aww thanks Tina! Hugs back!!

I had this one as my “walking to work” cup this morning. Yes I’m one of those lucky people who live a short walk to work, and sometimes I’m actually awake early enough to brew a tea to bring with me along the way. Today I had this one, with a dash of sugar. It was a great morning wakeup cup, with a nice full flavour and definite malt notes. Unlike the raspberry rush i had last night, this one didn’t leave my mouth feeling the effects of the tannins, either. I tend to prefer my blacks with a bit more natural sweet notes, but this is definitely a lovely tea I’ll be keeping in my collection for those days when I’m in a malty mood.