Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by De

1 Tasting Note View all

From The Tea Haus

Give your valentine a healthy start in the day! Our Valentino is an exotic blend of quince ginger and different fruits.

Ingredients: Ceylon orange pekoe, apple cubes, lemon peel, calendula petals and safflower, and natural quince ginger flavour

About The Tea Haus View company

1 Tasting Note

I am consistently impressed by the quality of the Tea Haus’s black teas. They do not give into the temptation of using a lower-quality black just because the blend is stuffed with other goodies.

That said, this was definitely an interesting drinking experience – and I think a part of that is becasue it took me six hours to finish one travel mug of it at work. At first, when still almost-boiling, it was overwhelming in both scent and flavour, with a lot of sweetness from the apple and a bit of zip from the lemon, and the underlying ginger fuzziness. As it cooled, it lost a lot of that sweetness and gained kind of a leafy taste. I’m not sure exactly how to explain it, but it was floral without being sweet, more like a very earthy herbal. Strangely, it reminded me of DT’s Chocolate Rocket when it begins to cool. It was definitely an odd drinking experience. I wouldn’t say it’s unpleasant, but I also wouldn’t say it was delicious. It was just . . . odd. I must mull this over another cuppa.