Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

From The Tea House - Covent Garden

Black tea, apple pieces, wild strawberry leaves & flavouring

About The Tea House - Covent Garden View company

Additional notes: ICED! At Dinosara’s suggestion this is one of the blends I wanted to try cold. I steeped this in a mason jar for a couple days. Sadly, I think I’m getting more of the preservative apple flavor cold and not less. Drinking hot, the apple flavor gets better as I’m drinking it. I do like this regardless though. Though the black tea flavor doesn’t really exist at all cold.

Cold brew of the day, and delicious. I previously speculated that this would be good iced, and it definitely is. I think the hunks of dried apple in the tea totally make it. Incredibly appley in a fresh way, and with just a hint of natural sweetness. I had a bottled apple black tea a while ago that was way oversweetened, and this tea is what I wished that tea had been. I will definitely be cold brewing this one again!

Iced 8 min or more
aisling of tea

Darn it, I want to trade my apple tea experience today with yours! Jealous!

Boo, sorry to hear about your apple experience!

Tea #35 from HHTTB2

Even though this is labelled Sweet Apple it still ended up being sweeter than I was expecting. The first sip made me grimace a bit (more of surprise than distaste), as the sip started as a pretty typical flavored black tea with light apple flavor then I suddenly wind end up with apple juice sweetness in the back of my throat.

Other then the initial surprise sweetness, this is an okay apple tea. The black base is unobtrusive, but unremarkable in flavor. It holds the cup together well. And the apples remind me of mushy baked apples, which, while not my thing, might be awesome for someone else. I need some clove and cinnamon when apples are played like this.

I took this tea with me while I ran errands this evening. I over steeped it, so I didn’t enjoy it as much as last time, but it was still a drinkable cup. Most of the apple flavor was lost, but what was there was tasty.