White Monkey Picked

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
175 °F / 79 °C

• “First brew a few days ago: chocolate! reminds me of uncooked pu'erh. I'm not sure about this one. Second brew: still reminds me of a basic pu'erh but without any cocoa this time. More like...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1317 tasting notes
  • “*Thank you* so much to The Tea Merchant for providing me with this generous sample! I have finally found a morning I can sit down and enjoy this tea. I just want to throw one recommendation out...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 240 tasting notes

From The Tea Merchant

Located in the highest mountaintops and then picked from the highest treetops we bring you the finest white tea buds. Discover and take delight in this clean, light bodied tea and be rewarded with refreshing notes of honeysuckle, chestnut & sage while enjoying the sweet flowery aroma.

Ingredients:
Organic White Tea

Caffeine Content: Medium
Organic

Temp: 175* F Steep: 1-3 min.

About The Tea Merchant View company

First brew a few days ago: chocolate! reminds me of uncooked pu’erh. I’m not sure about this one.
Second brew: still reminds me of a basic pu’erh but without any cocoa this time. More like chestnut. Except… there was something missing, that I can’t quite put my finger on. and I’m puzzled as it doesn’t really have any “white” tea characteristics.
I need to try this again as I know it has potential!

Bonnie

Maybe somebody forgot to take the monkey out!

No no Bonnie, she said something was missing….they forgot to leave it in! :)

Indigobloom

LOL you two make me smile! munkee see munkee do!
(I’m a little sleep drunk…)

Thank you so much to The Tea Merchant for providing me with this generous sample! I have finally found a morning I can sit down and enjoy this tea.
I just want to throw one recommendation out there – there is no temperature steeping parameters on the sample pouch provided. Having that on the bag makes it soooo much easier to see what the recommended temperature is (especially if you are new to white teas.. somewhat like myself). Thankfully it is on Steepster (but I noticed it isn’t on the website either.. wait it is… but in a sneaky area. Perhaps put it for each tea? It makes the customer have to navigate around the site less to find pertinent information about their tea) Another sad note – it doesn’t look like they ship to Canada anymore. I really hope I don’t fall in love with these teas too much! sadface

Dry: Smells sweet, almost like dried flowers.
Liquor; 1.5 minutes, 175F: Extremely pale sunshine in a cup. Smells of sweet peas and steamed greens. mmmm the taste is very lovely and lush-feeling on my tongue. Silky. Definitely a sweet edge which builds with each sip. Ooh a caramelly note just popped up and shocked me. Odd. I can taste chestnut, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say honeysuckle. Perhaps that will come with a second steeping? Overall a very enjoyable round.

2 minutes, 175F: Oh wow. This steep so far is the best. Creaminess and roasted flavour of a roasted chestnut. There is definitely a green tea aspect to this that is surprising. Like sweet steamed veggies. Thick nectar flavour at the end of the sip.

Oh my gosh I’ve fallen for a white tea. thud I’m mesmerized by it right now and I don’t want this flavour to end. It’s coating my mouth in such a delicate, but commanding flavour. Dang school getting in the way of my tasting session.. I guess I should get ready. Thank you so much TTM for providing me with such a lovely sample to begin my day with. I’m really hoping that you will change the shipping to include Canada =)

175 °F / 79 °C
Fjellrev

Ugh, just when you find a tea you love, shipping is no longer available. That sucks, I’m sorry.

Lynne-tea

I know its such a bummer. Same thing happened to me with the Republic of Tea.. they will ship to you, if you pay them an arm and both legs. Thank you for your support with this :P haha.. such a first world problem.

The Tea Merchant

Thanks for the input on the Label, the recommended temperature is actually going on the next batch of labels we have done, as well as a few other small changes. Also we can ship to Canada but the process is different as our web site is not setup to handle international orders. Just use the “contact us form” and we can manually setup the order, or you could call us. Shipping would be $4.50 for any order less than 1 ibs to Canada.

Lynne-tea

YAY! Thank you so much for this information! =)

Indigobloom

that is an amazing price for shipping! I seriously need to try this gem again, and get it right!!