Red Rocks

Rooibos Tea
Cherry, Creamy, Tart, Tobacco, Rooibos, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by mindala
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 9 oz / 271 ml

From The Tea Spot

Our blend of naturally caffeine–free South African red rooibos, vanilla, and almond bits is an herbal delight! Rooibos is full of antioxidants and healthy minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, and fluoride. It has a wonderfully smooth flavor, and is a great cold buster as well as thirst quencher. It brews into a dark red liquor and has a naturally sweet, earthy scent, reminiscent of pipe–tobacco. You cannot over–steep this tea (the longer the better!) and it is fantastic by itself, or with cream and a bit of sweetener. Red Rocks is the perfect, healthy, all-around herbal tea – a favorite amongst athletes and as mom’s choice for children.

About The Tea Spot View company

Lewis & Clarke TTB

Another Tea Sparrow tea from Cheri! I’ve been curious about this tea for a little while, as I always am about anything almond or vanilla-related. There are a few pieces of almond mixed in with the rooibos itself. Dry scent is quite sweet and I can definitely smell vanilla. The instructions recommended a tablespoon of tea (?!) but that sounded ridiculous to me, so I halved it for my 8 ounce cup.

Once brewed, it smells like rooibos (woody, etc.) with vanilla and the tiniest hint of marzipan. Unfortunately, this basically tastes like rooibos to me… Maybe with a little bit of vanilla, but not enough. And I definitely don’t get any almond. Oh almond teas, why must you always disappoint? :(

Flavors: Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sorry you didn’t like this one. I love it. I do agree that Tea Sparrow makes ridiculous suggestions in their instructions. The Tea Spot recommends only 1t, but I usually go a little over that.

I like rooibos, though, but not everyone does.

Cameron B.

I don’t mind rooibos in blends, but it’s not my favorite as a main flavor.

There’s a really good almond black tea by Queen Mary Tea. It’s called almond cream.

Cameron B.

Thanks Tealizzy, I’ll wishlist that one. :)

Oh wow, this is good I mean really good.

Vanilla, almond, creamy.

It reminds me of a shortbread almond cookie.

It’s also really creamy. Surprisingly creamy. Deliciously creamy, especially since I’m sans dairy right now.

I haven’t tried a resteep yet, but the tin tells me I can.

The resteep is just as delicious. Maybe not quite as creamy, but still creamy and delicious.

This sounds super yummy. :)

It is. I have yet to have a bad tea from The Tea Spot.

That’s really good to know! I’m going to have to add them to my ‘check out this vendor asap’ list. thanks! :)

Sarah – is indifferent to this tea. Rating: 65

This is one of my favorite go-to daily teas at work. I will usually put a really small dalop of honey in a cup. I love this stuff!

When I want a cup of tea it’s black tea that I’m imagining but I do try to cut out the caffeine as night falls. Thus I turn to Red Rocks. I like seeing the almond pieces as I make my tea and you definitely do taste almonds in the tea as well as the vanilla. However I can’t rave about this tea because as much as I like almonds and vanilla, I don’t really like rooibos. So, my final verdict is: as an herbal tea before bed time, it’s nice enough.

Honestly tastes like the smell of pipe-tobacco. Delicious.