Pink Rose Lemonade (Caffeine-Free)

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 15 oz / 443 ml

From The Tea Spot

Pink Rose Lemonade is a swirling collage of flowers with a hint of lemon and wintergreen. Like a fancy floral confection, this delicately handcrafted tea will refresh and soothe your palate. Pink Rose Lemonade is totally guilt-free, as it has no caffeine and is naturally sweet. Lemon, rose, mint, chamomile, and lavender spring to life in this absolutely fabulous herbal tea. Pink Rose Lemonade tastes distinctively wonderful brewed hot or cold.

Ingredients:

lemon myrtle, rose petals, spearmint leaves, chamomile flowers, & lavender flowers

Features:

Premium Loose Leaf Herbal Tea Sample = 5 8-oz Servings 1/8 LB Bulk = $0.39 / Serving 1/2 LB Bulk = $0.29 / Serving Naturally Caffeine Free! Gluten-free & Sugar-free No added flavorings

About The Tea Spot View company

Mmmm this is an interesting blend. It smells slightly more floral than I’d like in dry form but as this brews it begins to smell exactly like pink lemonade. I tried this one as a hot brew, but I think this would likely truly shine as a cold brew. Overall, not likely something that I’d order on my own but I would drink this and/or share with someone :)

I hot brewed this one tonight, just to get an idea of what it tastes like hot. I tried it cold-brewed previously (in the Steep & Go) and I think that this one is much better cold-brewed. It’s good hot, but better cold. So refreshing and thirst-quenching.

As a hot beverage, I find it to be very calming and relaxing. The lemony notes are refreshing, and there is just a hint of mint in the background… the chamomile is not a strong flavor … the rose and the lavender are the strongest floral tones here. But, I like how it all comes together… it tastes light and bright with just a hint of sweetness.

Its good hot brewed, but even better cold brewed.

Thanks to The Tea Spot for this sample!

On my last Tea Spot order I toyed with the idea of getting a sample of this. Their samples aren’t free, but they do include enough tea to really try something out. I ended up not getting it, & amazingly, they threw it in as a freebie. This sample is probably enough for 2 cups, or maybe 3. So I’m trying the first one hot.

It is a very pretty tea unbrewed, though not as pretty as the picture! It smells mostly of mints & lavender, with a little Lemon myrtle in the background. The brew is not pink, but there are pink rose petals floating around in it. Flavor-wise, it’s pretty mild. The Lemon Myrtle steps forward, strongly supported by chamomile. Everyone else forms a backdrop, like the scenery in a play. It’s pleasant, but probably not something I’d drink often. I sweetened the 2nd half of the cup, & I can say for a fact that this is a tea my grand daughter & one of my grandsons would love! (The other grandson has decided that drinking tea isn’t cool enough for him…sigh…). I like it best with a little sweetness myself.

Azzrian

We have rosewater lemonade at our favorite Mid Eastern place. Its SOOO good!

Terri HarpLady

Now THAT sounds good!

Nik

I think I would like to try this steeped in Rooh-Afza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooh_Afza) instead of plain water.

Terri HarpLady

Wow, Nik, that stuff sounds amazing!

Nik

It’s so good, Terri! And it’s so durned sweet that a little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts me a long time.

Azzrian

the Lemonade there has saffron floating around in it.

I’ll be trying this hot at some point this is cold brewed, today, in my new Steep&Go!

It smells like gentle floral, mint, and lemon.

There isn’t much color at all to it.

It’s much like flavored water…very subtle tastes of various flowers, a bit of mint, and lemon.

This makes a lovely flavored water but it’s not an overly flavorful tisane/tea-like cold brewed tea/tisane. It’s enjoyable regardless.

I’m not going to rate this until I try it hot.

Are you kidding me? Rose petals, Chamomile, Spearmint, Lavender flowers…and you’re gonna call it Lemonade?

Well, the first ingredient is Lemon myrtle and it does taste kind of lemony. The pleasant flowery herbal flavors have been overlaid by the first ingredient, something I’ve never tried before. I don’t see any artificial flavors listed so it must be the lemon myrtle—I swear it tastes exactly like cheap powdered lemonade mix. Part of me is a little insulted and outraged (who dumped the Countrytime lemonade mix in my herbal tea?) but another part of me is kind of fascinated. (Does Lemon myrtle really tastes like Wyler’s? Who knew?!!

The kid in me thinks this is great. The adult in me grumbles that this is ridiculous. I actually make rose lemonade in the summertime and this is not the same animal. It does have rose and lemon flavors, however, so I can’t gripe too much about the name, and drinking stuff that reminds me of my Kool-Aid days can be fun. I cold brewed it and found that unlike the drink mixes I grew up with, this stuff is fine without sugar.

This whimsical bit of herbal amusement came in a sample box from my big sis, Terri Harplady. It’s probably not something I would go out of my way to buy but was a fun change of pace. Thanks Sis, for sending this airy fairy sample my way.

I came home from work today and took a nap. Obviously, I’m still sick. I decided against anything with caffeine tonight to be sure I can fall asleep when I go to bed. This tea was nice the last time I had it, so I thought I’d go with it again. Yum. I got more of the mint in this mugful, but it’s still nice and lemony and rosy. I’m glad I took a chance while it was on sale to get this one. (I think I might throw it in my pitcher and try a cold steep for tomorrow, too.)

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 15 OZ / 443 ML