Russian Caravan

Black Oolong Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by K S

From The Tea Spot

This classic blend is strong and bold, with an intriguing complexity – just how we like our breakfast teas. Our Organic Russian Caravan’s sophistication stems from the careful composition of gour high-quality organic large leaf teas – lapsang souchong, dark oolong, assam, & puerh – perfectly balanced to deliver a kiss of smoke and sweetness to your palate. This tea brings new life to an ancient tradition of flavor.

About The Tea Spot View company

We’re back from breakfast. I won’t bore you all with the details of the bagged breakfast blend I drank, which was acceptable, but not extraordinary.

Now it’s bubble bath time, & I brought some of this to Tony’s. Lapsang, Assam, oolong, & shu puehr, blended so there’s just enough smoke, just enough Bass, just enough earth, just enough sweetness. I keep planning to add a little maple, but it really is tasty just like this.

Terri HarpLady

Just visited the tea spot website. This is another one they don’t sell in a tin…

i really wanted to try white lion’s pumpkin tea…but they only sell i in sachet form.

Terri HarpLady

And if it’s those ‘silk’ sachets, which are really made out of plastic, no thanks! I was digging in my compost pile yesterday, gathering up a few buckets of compost for my newly planted garlic, & found several of them in there. :p

Terri HarpLady

I like this Russian Caravan. It’s loose leaf, but comes in 3 sizes: 4oz, 1lb, or sample size (about 5 cups worth).
Did I send you any of this yet? If not, I have enough left for 1 cup. I’ll toss it in your box :)

Terri HarpLady

This is another sample I got when we placed our awesome order.

nope haven’t tried this one

you will :)

sipdown on this one! Terri sent this my way and while i was drinking it, all i could think of was that THIS would work with the ginger much better. This is really nice – i think it would work well as a base in a number of blends :)

Terri HarpLady

I love this one. I’m gonna restock it next time I order from tea spot, & I agree, this would be awesome with ginger!

Terri HarpLady

I am eventually gonna ask ms stacy to make me a smokey gingery blend. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. I definitely prefer this one over the Smokejumper Ginger. They don’t offer it in a tin. Dunno if you want to split some…Oh, & Bolder Breakfast is one sale right now…just say!

Terri warned me some of the teas she sent me, in our totally lopsided in my favor swap, were double bagged. I separated them from the box to protect the innocent. Every time I walk into the room at least one of those double bagged boogers whispers my name. I think it is this one. I love terri’s labels. She tells you how many cups worth are in the bag and how many steeps each will go.

Anyway, so this one – not that long ago it would have made me scream like a little girl and head for cover. Smoky LS and puerh in the same tea! Now I am inhaling this and thinking, Wow that’s awesome! In this first cup I am not able to separate the four different teas. The smoke is highly complex. The mixed base underneath is rich, thick, and almost creamy feeling. As it cools I am detecting the assam in the aftertaste.

If you are a LS fan this is really an excellent blend. Can’t wait to see how later cups develop.

I haven’t been rating teas lately but I am going to rate this since the only numbered review was negative

One of the worst teas I’ve ever had…taste like I brewed it with meat!