Qu Hao Silk

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

From The Tea Spot

Organic Qu Hao Black Tea

Tasting Notes:

The smoothest black tea in our collection, this single-origin organic tea is from Mount Wuyi, in Fujian China. From a region predominantly known for its oolongs, this rare black tea is picked for only a short time each year. Qu Hao’s full rich body is incredibly low in tannins, with a natural note of chocolate, earning it the nickname “Black Silk”. The aroma is rich, with a delicate sweetness. The leaves are long, thin and elegant, and brew into a beautiful dark red liquor. You won’t want to miss out on the the silky smooth finish of Qu Hao Silk.

Organic Qu Hao Tea Single-estate premium black tea Origin: Fujian Province, China

About The Tea Spot View company

I got a sample of this & a few other black teas in my order from the Tea Spot, & it won’t last long! I drank a cup this morning, complete with re-steeps, & I don’t know how to describe it!
~ The aroma & taste remind me somewhat of a Keemun, in that there is a little of that (very light) smoke & brown sugar essence.
~ The mouth feel is ridiculously smooth & creamy, almost like I’m drinking goatmilk, but thinner, like the purest water ever.
~ It’s bold, with almost a coffee-like background, a little chocolatey, mouth watering, & did I mention ‘smooth’? It’s as smooth as silk!
Next time I get the tin…
And Sil, the answer to your question is “Yes” :D

bwahahahaha :)

terri sent a bit more of this my way and i drank it today. Final verdict? It’s not the tea for me. there’s a bitterness to this that i don’t like even though the aroma is pleasant enough. oh well, just another one that i don’t need to keep on my list!

Tea of the morning…..

Needs more input ;), but this one is very smooth. I have many ounces to put together a thoughtful review with a numerical rating, but for today, you will just have to be happy with “Yum!”.

Usual teapot method.
Resteep of the same pot….

More Yum! Notes of cocoa, no smoke, maybe a slight bit of malt. Full body. So happy with this one.

Resteep at the same parameters. Adding my rating!

The scent of this tea reminds me a bit of a puerh. It smells like dirt and hay. I do detect some sweetness behind it all, but the earthy scent is the strongest. It certainly brews up a rather dark cup as well!

Sipping… I mostly taste sweet hay with some mild chocolate and floral notes. The cup is actually not as silky as I thought it would be. That’s not to say that it isn’t smooth, it does get quite astringent at the end. This is a solid, drinkable cup of tea, but isn’t my favorite.

Bitter with a flowery undertone. Personally, I don’t like flower-like flavors. Not sure where this flower taste comes from because this is pure tea with nothing added.

Super silky and smooth as the name implies. Reminds me of a lapsung (sp?), lovin’ the smokey, chocolatey, whiskiness.