Gunpowder Green Tea

Green Tea
Butter, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Shelley_Lorraine

• “gunpowder greens always look so awesome and i doubt i will be able to refrain from saying that everytime i have one. little shiny alien pellets. i've been rather bored with green teas lately. but...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 736 tasting notes
  • “I always have trouble getting the ratio of tea leaves to water right with this one. I seem to add too much tea to the water. It's easy to do with the tightly rolled pellets. I need half or less of...” Read full tasting note
    SailorTodd 31 tasting notes

From The Tea Spot

The leaves of this green tea are rolled into the shape of little pinhead pellets resembling gunpowder, hence its name. Gunpowder green tea tastes bold & lightly smoky, also lending to it’s name. Gunpowder tea leaves stay fresh longer than any other green tea leaves due to its compressed form. Gunpowder green is higher in caffeine than most other green teas (35-40 mg/8 oz serving) and is commonly used by athletes to improve endurance over periods of 3-6 hours.

About The Tea Spot View company

i’ve been rather bored with green teas lately. but i keep tasting and trying. and this one is standing out for me! i suspect the slight smokey quality of gunpowders is what makes me like them so much more than the other main green types. thank you Shelley_Lorraine for the nice sample!

I always have trouble getting the ratio of tea leaves to water right with this one. I seem to add too much tea to the water. It’s easy to do with the tightly rolled pellets. I need half or less of what I add for other greens. While I say that, I am a big fan of this when I brew it strong. It is a great tea for multiple steeps and tastes like what I view as a quintessential green tea, only maybe a little more of a roasted flavor. A faint sweetness, only a slight “vegetal” edge, the liquid is an amber color, darker than many greens I drink. This will stay one of my go-to green teas for its drinkability and price.