Smokejumper Ginger

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

From The Tea Spot

The black tea base has notes of hickory smoked bacon, so you’ll either love it or leave it. With a generous portion of ginger, this exciting blend becomes warming, spicy, & feels good on your throat. Because ginger is sought out for it’s health benefits, we love adding it to blends like Cold Buster & Climber’s High. Paired here with a smokey black tea, it brings to life a powerful new flavor combination: sharp & smooth, stimulating & comforting, a new adventure in a single cup.

About The Tea Spot View company

A few months ago Sil, Cavocorax, & I split an order from the Tea Spot. We each got tins of Bolder Breakfast, shared a few things, & got several sample sizes of things. Katie, from The Tea Spot, also sent me a few samples to try, including this one.

I’m not always a fan of smokey teas. The first couple of times I tried a lapsang tea it freaked me out, LOL. However, I’ve developed more of a liking for them. On the other hand, I absolutely love ginger always!
I have actually fantasized about a blend that would be lapsang, ginger, & vanilla, & have experimented with it for awhile occasionally. So I wanted to sample this.

During the sip the Lapsang was there, but I didn’t taste the ginger, but after a few sips it began to build, bringing a warmth to my mouth, my sinuses, & my belly. This is a tasty, warming blend that will be especially nice on a cold winter’s night. I added a little stevia, & the sweetness really brings out a caramel-like flavor that really enhances the smoke & ginger. Yum!
Thanks for the sample Katie!

Huh this one sounds interesting

Terri HarpLady

I’ll save some for your next box! :)

Katie

So glad you enjoyed it! Cheers :)

Sipdown! Terri sent this my way and i figured today was a good day to try this one. I need a little kick to my afternoon. Sadly, the ginger in this one isn’t present enough. It does build while you drink this, which is nice but i miss the ginger from the first sips. I’d also like this to be slightly less smokey. I think that would balance the ginger a little better. It just means that i might need to try and blend my own sometime in the future :) I did like this though, so thanks for sharing terri!

What is it about the weekends that make it impossible for me to write reviews? Well, it just really, really is impossible. I try, but I get too busy.
This weekend was no exception! I went so many places, and did so much stuff, including my beloved Dickens Faire (as a woman who owns her own bonnet, its impertitive I get to go watch people in hoop skirts dance around, and listen to readings from a Christmas Carol by Dickens “himself”.), and a trip to the circus (I love the circus.)
Monday feels both like a rude awakening, and a return to schedule. I like the schedule bit. And speaking on schedule, I’m due for another “try it or sip it down” tea.
I’m fighting some sort of sinus-y thing, which can’t quite commit to being a cold, so I’m going for a strong tea with ginger. Ginger is medicinal, right?
This is very strong, but neither as smokey or as gingery as I was expecting. I did give it a very light steep time, so I’ll try it again with different parameters, to see if I can coax out more of that smokey flavors I love in lapsangs.

gmathis

Your Dickens event sounds lovely! A musical adaptation of Christmas Carol at Silver Dollar City is mandatory Christmas tradition for us. We know the script about as well as the actors :)