Holiday Dream

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cait

• “I'm a sucker for any kind of "holiday," "Christmas," or spice teas, so I ordered this along with the Tea Table's Cinnamon Orange Spice, which has practically the same ingredients. Oops. This one...” Read full tasting note
    follepetite 39 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea that hasn't quite reached a certainty. At first I didn't like it, but, as it cooled and I continued sipping it was a bit more acceptable. I think I need to try it more often...” Read full tasting note
    nanenj 30 tasting notes
  • “This is a sweet and very tasty black tea. With no sugar, there's a faint bite of black tea bitter to balance the sweetness; with one lump, it's more of a decadent experience. This is a very...” Read full tasting note
    Cait 216 tasting notes

From The Tea Table

One of The Tea Table’s all-time best sellers, Holiday Dream is a blend of China black teas with citrus peels, rose petals, cloves, almond bits and genuine Bourbon vanilla pieces. It smells so heavenly, customers sometimes buy it to use as potpourri. Summer? Try it iced! Use one teaspoon per cup and steep in freshly boiled water for 3-5 minutes.

About The Tea Table View company

I’m a sucker for any kind of “holiday,” “Christmas,” or spice teas, so I ordered this along with the Tea Table’s Cinnamon Orange Spice, which has practically the same ingredients. Oops. This one smelled much better, more citrusy, so I tried it first.

This is really smooth & fragrant. The dominant flavors are the cloves and citrus, which really highlight the black tea. Most of the spices kind of linger in the background without really popping. I don’t really taste the vanilla pieces, either, but adding a vanilla black tea to this would be faaabulous.
I was running late this morning, so it didn’t steep as long as I would have liked before I poured it into my travel mug, which explains why I would probably like this so much more if it were a bit stronger.

This is another tea that hasn’t quite reached a certainty. At first I didn’t like it, but, as it cooled and I continued sipping it was a bit more acceptable. I think I need to try it more often to see if it grows on me.

It’s a very spicy smelling and slightly spicy tasting tea. The cinnamon and cloves is very noticeable. At current, it doesn’t seem like there’s anything special with this, it does have a slight creamy aftertaste and almost a little bit like earl grey too.

This is a sweet and very tasty black tea. With no sugar, there’s a faint bite of black tea bitter to balance the sweetness; with one lump, it’s more of a decadent experience. This is a very smooth tea, but it’s a little more complicated in its flavors than I usually choose first thing in the morning. It makes a great mid-morning treat.

The Tea Table calls this a “holiday” tea, but hastens to assure that it’s “delicious any time of year”, which I find amusing. This tastes very much like a mid-winter tea to me. This is also from my tea-of-the-month subscription and I don’t think it’ll last me through the month, let alone through the winter, at the rate I keep drinking it!