Lemon Ginger Cooler

Pu-erh White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by whistlingkettle

• “I'm enjoying this. For the last few days, I've kind of been hiatus ... I've been reading tasting notes, and checking things out, but, my head cold that I had at the beginning of this week kind of...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “This was pretty good - it was definitely lemony with a hint of ginger. I don't like ginger much except as an accent, so I was glad for that. I liked it hot and iced, but I thought it was better iced. ” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 278 tasting notes
  • “It's been a while since I've done a tea tasting at all, let alone from my sample box. I went on kind of an unintended hiatus, sporadically checked into Steepster, responded to 1 or 2 threads, but...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 177 tasting notes

From The Whistling Kettle

In a recent issue of Women’s World Dr. Oz created a recipe for making a great weight loss drink. We took the hard work out of this by creating a signature blend that incorporates White Tea, Lemon, Ginger and Pu-Erh tea into a tasty, delicious blend you can brew iced (or hot).

About The Whistling Kettle View company

I’m enjoying this. For the last few days, I’ve kind of been hiatus … I’ve been reading tasting notes, and checking things out, but, my head cold that I had at the beginning of this week kind of put a damper on my joy of writing as well as my ability to really taste much … I’d say that my taste buds have been up and working properly for at least two or three days now, I’ve noticed them getting progressively better … and I think they’re functioning well now.

I was a little worried about this tea before brewing it, although I have to say that I’ve been very impressed with the blends that I’ve tried thus far from The Whistling Kettle, so I don’t know why I worried. I just tend to be apprehensive when it comes to Pu-erh in general. Maybe eventually I’ll get over that. I hope so, because I’ve enjoyed most of the pu-erh I’ve encountered over the past couple of years … since I’ve learned how to brew it to my liking.

This tea has a very compelling balance of pu-erh and white tea … I was surprised that I can taste the white tea here, and I think that I can taste it a bit more than I could in the other Whistling Kettle tea blends that I have tried. The sip starts out with a sweet, slightly hay-ish vegetative note that is distinctly white tea and toward mid-sip, I notice the earthy character of the pu-erh. The lemon is slightly tart, and the tartness builds as I continue to sip. It has a vibrant flavor, and it really brightens the cup. The ginger is less distinguished than I thought it would be … the lemon is definitely the stronger of the two flavors. The ginger is a bit more like a sprinkling of peppery heat that sort of dances over the palate – it doesn’t overwhelm.

I like the way this tea plays out. Nicely done.

This was pretty good – it was definitely lemony with a hint of ginger. I don’t like ginger much except as an accent, so I was glad for that. I liked it hot and iced, but I thought it was better iced.

It’s been a while since I’ve done a tea tasting at all, let alone from my sample box. I went on kind of an unintended hiatus, sporadically checked into Steepster, responded to 1 or 2 threads, but didn’t have much urge to drink tea. Not saying I’m over that necessarily, who knows though…just something that happens periodically when I’m in a frenzy of something…(Last few weeks my frenzy has been about bento boxes and recipes. I am still interested in those, but now that I’ve bought 1, about to order the Zojirushi Mr.Bento thermo lunch jar, and seriously thinking of buying a bento cube at my local Japanese grocery store…I think that fulfills my bento buying frenzy for now, and have a whole crapload of bento recipe sites bookmarked, many for kids just for the cuteness factor, but plenty for adults as well, and subscribed to a few youtube bento vlogs. )

This tea is from LiberTEAS, which I had bought a box full of an insane amount of teas (Grins)from. As an attempt to keep them slightly organized, I took a few large freezer bags, labeled them Tried and Not Tried. Today I grabbed into the Not Tried bag to find some teas that looked/smelled interesting to try because I was in the mood for something new.

The Tea: It’s…..ok. Not terribly inspiring, but not a bad cup either. Like I’ve mentioned before: I blame certain companies tendency to ‘flavor blast’ their teas so much that it’s hard to appreciate more subtle teas. (I am still a customer of those companies though;)) so unless there is an unusual but pleasing note in the tea, most likely I am not going to consider getting it.

I am going to put this with the samples that I think would taste good cold, but I don’t get the feeling that would improve my opinion of it.