Honeydew Melon Lemon

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Emily M

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Oh my goodness! I don't think I've ever liked a green flavored tea so much before. The dry leaf smells absolutely amazing. Like, if it was a freshner spray, I'd be first in line to buy it....” Read full tasting note
    emehi1015 123 tasting notes

From The Whistling Kettle

Grassy flavor of Chinese sencha green tea with lively lemon & fruity melon. Crisp, fresh & sweet.

About The Whistling Kettle View company

1 Tasting Note

Oh my goodness! I don’t think I’ve ever liked a green flavored tea so much before.
The dry leaf smells absolutely amazing. Like, if it was a freshner spray, I’d be first in line to buy it. Anyway, it smells just as you’d expect. The lemon and the honeydew scent blend together in a heavenly way, and the sweet, earthy scent of the green tea meshes nicely.
Ok, now down to business. Brewed this one for 2 minutes, give or take, and it smells great. Very citrusy. This tea, unlike many melon flavored teas I have tried before, doesn’t contain that overpowering funky melon taste. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some melon, but if that’s all I taste in a tea, it kinda throws me off. Anyway, in this tea, the melon is balanced out by a nice citrusy/lemon taste. The green tea base is perfect for this cup, as it’s smooth and sweet, with just a hint of earthiness to it. The grassiness of the tea doesn’t overpower the other flavors. Anyway, I find this a light, refreshing cuppa. Having it tonight after working a long, stressful shift, and it’s definately making me feel more relaxed. I wish this was still available, but unfortunately it seems I got the last sample of it. Hopefully it’s back next year.

Helpful hint for this tea (if it’s ever available again): Drink it when it cools down a bit for a better flavor profile.