Pinhead Gunpowder (Organic)

Green Tea, Gunpowder
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by The Purrfect Cup

• “Of all the green teas I've tried there are a few I actually do enjoy. Gunpowder is one of them. I happened to take a quick inventory before we hit up the Whistling Kettle yesterday and noticed I...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Fuller-bodied than many green teas. A 3-min infusion was smooth w/o bitterness. 4 minutes worked well for 2nd infusion. I enjoy multiple cups of this tea after waking up to Keemun Panda #1.” Read full tasting note
    looseTman 96 tasting notes

From The Whistling Kettle

Surprising body & captivating taste. A stronger tea with a distinctive smooth, nutty oak taste.

This gunpowder produces a reasonably strong dark-green brew with a memorable fragrance, a slightly bitter but not unpleasant flavor and a long lasting finish.

About The Whistling Kettle View company

Of all the green teas I’ve tried there are a few I actually do enjoy. Gunpowder is one of them. I happened to take a quick inventory before we hit up the Whistling Kettle yesterday and noticed I didn’t have any (I sometimes make up my own Moroccan Mint tea). So I made a note to ask our server about their Gunpowder tea and they only had this one, but she assured me it was good.

Side note…the folks at WK won’t try to sell you something they won’t try themselves. I love that about them! So I picked up a bag of it. I steeped it for two maybe two and a half minutes and wow, very silky and very smooth! I’ve had a gunpowder or two that have been super bitter (even when times right), but this just might be green tea perfection (well next to my favorite green from Verdant – Jinshan). I suspect this will go fast and I will have to pick up more very soon. Oh darn!