Crème au Chocolat

Coconut, Irish Cream, Milk, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Geoffrey Norman

• “I already have a plain chocolate tea that I loooove (The Tea Spot’s Organic Chocolate "O"), not to mention some others kicking around my cupboard, but still this one called out to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2061 tasting notes
  • “I had the urge to try something gut-bomby without the guilt. Why not a black tea blend with a double-dose of chocolate? This here blend possessed chocolate chips and cocoa nibs to create something...” Read full tasting note
    The Lazy Literatus 346 tasting notes
  • “My go to morning tea. I’ll do this as a latte or do half Créme au Chocolat and half an english breakfast to tame it down a little bit. Great tea by itself, just more my taste with the english...” Read full tasting note
    kortum 3 tasting notes
  • “I guess tonight I have a sweet tooth; I keep picking desert teas. This one was very strange. The chocolate is incredibly light, and the dark tones of the tea are lightened. I brewed western with a...” Read full tasting note
    Haveteawilltravel 39 tasting notes

From Tiesta Tea

This rich and sweet chocolate meets the aromatic black tea to form this tasty combination that will curb your chocolate cravings.

Ingredients: ( Black tea) black tea, chocolate chips, cocoa kernels

About Tiesta Tea View company

2061 tasting notes

I already have a plain chocolate tea that I loooove (The Tea Spot’s Organic Chocolate “O”), not to mention some others kicking around my cupboard, but still this one called out to me to order it when I was trying to use my groupon. This time the ingredients lists match on the website and on my pouch, but they don’t seem to match what is in the bag… a whiff revealed something nutty, scratch that, coconutty, and little white shreds in the mix seem to confirm. I don’t have any problem with it and think it sound (and smells) like a good addition, but coconut haters might not agree. It does make it smell really similar to the sample of Carribean [sic] Flair from Praise Tea that I have. Enough that I would stick this in the coconut-chocolate, mounds-in-a-cup category instead of the plain chocolate category, at least by the aroma of the dry leaf and the steeped tea.

I am honestly not sure why this company directs it’s customers to steep their black teas at 195°F. I mean, I thought it might be because of a slightly bitter base that doesn’t come through when you steep it at a low temp, but I steeped this one boiling and there’s not a hint of bitterness (and it’s way better of a cup of black tea than the Victorian Earl Grey which I steeped at 195°F). In the end the flavor of this blend is like it’s aroma: very similar to the Praise Tea version, and very coconut-chocolatey. What I wish I had from this is some depth from the black tea base; right now it just kind of sits there and doesn’t contribute much to the overall flavor. I may be kind of ruined on chocolate teas by The Tea Spot’s. Still, I won’t have any problems drinking this, but it may take me a while since I probably won’t be craving it either.

Uniquity

Blech. If I ordered a tea and it ended up having coconut (but didn’t list it) I’d be pretty bummed out. Glad it works for you though!

Dinosara

Yeah, I know a lot of people who strongly dislike or are allergic to coconut, and this tea is pretty coconutty, so it’s really surprising that they don’t list it.

I had the urge to try something gut-bomby without the guilt. Why not a black tea blend with a double-dose of chocolate? This here blend possessed chocolate chips and cocoa nibs to create something that tasted like an unrefined French pastry. With sweetener, it really shined. And I’m sure it could latte well. No subtleties here.

Full Review: http://www.teaviews.com/2011/02/05/review-tiesta-tea-creme-au-chocolat/

My go to morning tea. I’ll do this as a latte or do half Créme au Chocolat and half an english breakfast to tame it down a little bit. Great tea by itself, just more my taste with the english added. Highly recommend.

I guess tonight I have a sweet tooth; I keep picking desert teas. This one was very strange. The chocolate is incredibly light, and the dark tones of the tea are lightened. I brewed western with a slightly smaller amount. The aroma was enticing. I could hint at coconut and silk chocolate. The flavor is a whole other story. Its not a terrible tea, but its not that great. This brew tastes like a chocolate milkshake with very little chocolate. The milk flavor gave my stomach a bit of a turn. This isnt my cup of tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Irish Cream, Milk

190 °F / 87 °C 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I’m reviewing this with a new set of contacts in and I’m not really convinced that my prescription is right…

Anyway… this tea is good but not great. Slight hints of cream and mellow hints of chocolate. Clear dark amber color. I’m honestly not sure on what the base is. A 3 min steep time seems to do better with the flavoring.

Hidden Gems TTB #5

I think I may need to stop trying chocolate teas. I already have one that I LOVE (David’s Chocolate Rocket…thanks carol who!) and none of the others I’ve tried quite measure up. This one wasn’t terrible, but I found the flavor a bit weak and watery. Maybe it would be better with milk?

Flavors: Chocolate

VariaTEA

Chocolate Rocket is unique in its chocolate flavoring I find. When I think about it, other chocolate teas don’t really compare because they have a very different sort of flavoring to them.

VariaTEA

Hopefully that makes sense to someone other than me :P

Anlina

I didn’t like Chocolate Rocket but I know what you mean.

VariaTEA

Hahah thank goodness. Wouldn’t want to come off rambling like a crazy lady.

This tea was all right. I hate saying that, it’s non committal and boring. However, so was this tea.

It was… sort of chocolatey. I don’t expect it to taste like fine milk chocolate, but it tasted like the dregs of dark chocolate mixed with harsh, black tea. Just brewed, it was bitter, and simply tasted ugly.

Upon the addition of milk, it was all right. With honey, it was drinkable and more pleasant, almost like some of the other chocolate teas I’ve had in the past.

I’m not about to throw out this tea because I hate to waste perfectly good tea when it can be made drinkable, but I really hate that it requires the addition of milk and honey. This is not a tea I would drink on its own or buy again.