Fruit Herbal Blend
Berries, Sour, Tart, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Tangy
Edit tea info Last updated by Geoffrey Norman

From Tiesta Tea

Dark, rich, and smooth. Who doesn’t want that? With a combination of all your favorite berries, this charmer will definitely leave you burning for more.

Ingredients: ( Herbal tea) rooibos tea, hibiscus, currants, rosehips, elderberries, cranberries

About Tiesta Tea View company

Ughhhh sore throat alert! I dug this one out of my tea chest to help ward off impending sickness. This is pretty much the ONLY fruity rooibos I actually like. I steeped this perfectly tonight, too. It tastes just like cranberry juice, without the ridiculous amounts of sugar. It steeps a beautiful deep red and it smells heavenly dry. A little bit goes a long way, and don’t exceed 2 minutes for steep time though, or it will be really really tart.

This is a tasty tisane … although I have to admit that I was a little surprised by it. By the name of it, I expected there to be some warming sort of ingredient in it like chili pepper or ginger … but no. It is smooth and sweet and not at all peppery or spicy.

There is a nice balance between tart and sweet here … not so tart that I puckered, but, enough tart to keep it from tasting too overwhelmingly sweet.

Enjoyable … makes a really great iced tea! Here’s my full-length review of it:

There are a lot of fruit medley-type blends out there. Many skimp on the berry and up the hibiscus quotient to disguise this fact. The result is usually something overly tart. Fireberry is as the name implies – berry juice that’s been lit on fire. Quite refreshing, sweetens well, and probably ices well, too. Light years ahead of Tiesta’s other fruit tisane, Granny’s Garden.

Full Review:

I agree with the other reviewers that say it tastes like unsweetened cranberry juice. Didn’t do much for me in the flavor department, tastes like any generic berry tea to me. It will be a nice option for a low caffeine cup at night.

Ok, this dry tisane smells like BERRIES! (all-caps and punctuation included). I brewed it according to Tea Sparrow’s suggestion, which was 1tbsp (4g) per 8oz of water (well, my mug has 10oz) for 4-6min (I went with 4). It brews up this gorgeous purplish red colour, amazing. It tastes… holy crap, TART! Like, puckeringly sour, LOL. I’m actually kind of enjoying this, but I’m one of those people who love sour candies too. OMG I think this is actually bringing tears to my eyes. Holding off on rating this for now, obviously I need to experiment with some different steeping parameters. :)

Flavors: Berries, Sour, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 4 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Maybe I’ll just brew it this way forever. I’m sitting here puckering and giggling to myself. :)

Well, that sounds entertaining, if not enjoyable. :)

Does Tea Sparrow regularly recommend 1 tablespoon for 8oz of water? I think the Kenya black you sent me had the same recommendation, which seemed like way too much tea, so I went with a third of that and got a pretty potent cup.

They do! It’s kind of weird. I asked them about it once and they said “we like our tea strong”. Ok, can’t really argue with that. I usually just brew according to my own preferences. In this case, it’s a pretty chunky tisane so measuring it out with a tablespoon makes a certain amount of sense.

OMG. 1 tbsp per 8 oz?! I was introduced to tea via Silk Road, which recommends 1 tsp per 16 oz. O.o

Rishi recommends the same thing, regardless of tea type. I find it very odd.

I noticed that when I went to make Rishi’s Chinese Breakfast today. I can understand recommending lots of leaf if you do a much shorter steep, but I can’t even imagine steeping 1tbsp of black tea in 8oz of water for 4 min as suggested.

Then again, lots of purveyors of good tea seem to have really strange steeping directions which sound to me like they would make undrinkable tea.

Part of the problem is that spoons are a really innacurate way of measuring tea in the first place. So like, maybe the shape of their tablespoon is such that it’s not a whole lot more tea than the “perfect tea spoons” people use (that are really more like 1.5tsp I think). I don’t think a tablespoon of tea is actually the same as 3 teaspoons of tea.

DavidsTea has two perfect teaspoons. The old one is 1.5 tsp, the new ones are 2.5 tsp. The more you know. :)

I do like grams, though. Grams and mls make me happy.

Me too. :)

Lindsay, that’s a great point. I checked out Rishi’s site, and sure enough they have their own measuring spoon. I’d be interested to see how much it actually holds.

Grams are always good. For the longest time I didn’t have a scale, but it was a very small, very useful investment. Volume measures are okay for stuff like matcha or CTC, but not so useful for whole leaf teas.

I think the spoon I have is an actual teaspoon. Rishi’s site says their measuring spoon holds an actual tablespoon.

Backlog 14/67

From Stephen Hockman.

No… This is tangy, berry-fruity, sour to me. It’s a fruit tea that isn’t sweet which almost always means I hate it. I don’t like Rosehips, so I expected this to be a no. The Rosehips are what really kill it. I think it smells amazing, but that sour tang just ruins it for me.

I tried it warm. Tried it sweet. Tried it iced. It’s not for me.
I do love how it smells tho. I wonder how it’d be without the Rosehips. As always, Rosehips is my arch nemesis!

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Sour, Tangy

Cameron B.

Down with the rose hips! >:(

Commander Foxtrot will prevail over the Evil Dr Rosehips.

Kind of like cranberry juice without the sugar added. Good for someone who likes fruit or herbal teas.

My favorite iced tea. I don’t make any iced tea other than Fireberry now. Very flavorful.