Jolly Green Kiwi

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by The Purrfect Cup

• “I decided I was going to try the Amazon fresh delivery service for my groceries since I'm not able to do a lot of grocery shopping with my injury. The service was great aside from the fact that the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2308 tasting notes
  • “I will be honest: I detest kiwifruit. I will not touch it, smell it, look at it, or ever eat it. I only purchased this tin because: • It was $2.25 • It was the last one, so I figured that it had...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 297 tasting notes

From Tiesta Tea

We think the Jolly Green Giant was shrunk into tiny kiwi pieces that got mixed with sencha green tea, apple bits, orange peels and lemon grass to form this blend. If you drink enough of this Slenderizer blend, you might shrink, too!

About Tiesta Tea View company

I decided I was going to try the Amazon fresh delivery service for my groceries since I’m not able to do a lot of grocery shopping with my injury. The service was great aside from the fact that the frozen food and even produce came inside styrofoam boxes, which I then had to dismantle. I’m not a big fan of sytrofoam for environmental reasons.

Anyway they did have quite a few teas by Tiesta (and others), which is a company I’ve never tried. This sounded good to me and I brewed it up this afternoon.

I was really hoping for more of a kiwi flavor in this. I’m getting more apple than kiwi but I’m finding it there when the cup cools. I see dried apple and lemon bits in the brewed tea but I think the kiwi might be flavoring only. I like the green tea base in this blend which is very refreshing and I’m getting a bit of tartness in the overall finish. I will have to experiment a bit with the brewing parameters of this to see if I can do anything to make the kiwi come through. This is ok but not really what I was expecting. Will have to try cold brewing this.

MissB

If it helps, I once got a ton of styrofoam myself and was frustrated what to do with it. Landfills refuse to accept it here. So I put out an ad on Craigslist for it all, to give it away free, and I had almost 40 people vying for it! It ended up getting split between an artist who carves sculptures out of it, and a lady using it to insulate her cold space.

Anna

Kiwi is tricky. My Kiwi Vanilla from Kränku is still my fave fave.

TeaBrat

thanks MissB – that is funny!

• It was $2.25
• It was the last one, so I figured that it had to be good

It is. This. Is. An. Amazing. Tea.

It’s smooth, it’s fragrant, it has just the right bite of tartness from the lemon peel, and it sweetens as it cools. The kiwi is like an overarching note throughout, but it only helps the other notes come forth- it doesn’t overpower at all, which is a pleasant surprise. The apple gives it a creamy mouthfeel, too. Fantastic. A-plus. This is the BEST green tea I have had in a long, long, long time.