Nutty Almond Cream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Almond, Cinnamon, Oats, Pastries, Sweet, Nutty, Cream, Nuts, Creamy
Edit tea info Last updated by Mk107

From Tiesta Tea

Sweet almond with apple and cinnamon provide a nutty finish to the soothing blend.

About Tiesta Tea View company

So I made a huge order from Tiesta Tea during the 50% off Black Friday promotion. Most of my order was their smaller sized bags, but for this and a few select others, I opted for the 4oz tin (not like this is a review of the tin but the tin happens to be pretty nice). I’ve been really into creamy teas lately and this one really hits the spot. It’s a bit strange since it looks like you are drinking pink lemonade but it tastes nutty and creamy with a hint of fruit (likely coming from the apple).

Around the edge of my mouth I’m getting a bit of a sour taste probably from the beetroot but it’s not off-putting. I added sweetener, so I imagine it would be more present without.

Happy with this part of my purchase!

3 tsp+sweetener in 16oz steeping mug

Another from alphakitty

It looks like Forever Nuts, it smells like it, it even turns pink like it. Sure enough it tastes just like yummy, delicious Forever Nuts.

so good!!

I’m a huge fan of almond…I love it in cookies, candies, cakes, whatever. So, when I found this tea at the shop, I just had to try it. I wasn’t expecting the almond flavor to be as gorgeously full-bodied as it presents in this brew! The fruity flavors are definitely there as well, and allow a touch of sweetness to this tea, but the almond creaminess is to die for. I didn’t expect to find a tea-cupboard staple so early in my explorations, but this is definitely a keeper!

Alphakitty

Mm, I love this one

Elizabeth

I wish I could find refill bags of this locally!

sozz06

Elizabeth where are you located? If you give me a zip code I might be able to lead you to a place.

Elizabeth

That would be lovely! I do live in the middle of nowhere, though, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed. My zip is: 12043

sozz06

You are right… we aren’t nearby yet but you should request it at your local grocery store or cafe :). The nearest place we are by is Hannaford.

This was one of my many Black Friday splurge purchases. Tiesta is already pretty reasonably priced, but they had a 50% off deal plus free shipping, so less than 6 bucks for 2 teas. How could I resist?! Well, I’m really glad I did because this tea is seriously already bordering on “cupboard staple.” Yeah, it’s that good.

The smell alone is amazing. Nutty, warm, cinnamon, like a baked good! I think the name is a little misleading though, and the ingredient list is more telling of the actual flavor: almond, apple pieces and cinnamon (along with beet, which adds no flavor but makes your cup hot pink and slightly sweet!). This is like an apple danish in a mug more than an almond cream tea. Rich, creamy, nutty, apple sweet with a perfect amount of cinnamon. It’s not sharp, slightly spicy cinnamon but the warming kind you find in a really good apple loaf. It’s one of the most comforting teas I’ve had, it’s also fantastic and slightly sweet without any sugar which makes it a calorie-free treat. Plus caffeine free! I only have 2 ounces of this and I think it’s going to run out really fast.

I’m giving this one a rating of 100. It’s just that good! Plus, I’ve searched far and wide for a caffeine-free dessert blend that I would like to have around at all times. This one is it!

It’s a delightful smelling tea. It also looks good enough to eat. In fact, I ate a small bit of the tea right out of the package. I’ve never done that before! It was good. Anyway, the brewed tea has a wonderful nutty and creamy flavor. I didn’t get “almond” from it, but I did get nutty. It’s really just a melt-in-your-mouth kind of tea. I could sip this all evening and not grow bored. Well done, Tiesta!

I brew this at a lower temperature, not because I want to, but because that’s as hot as the water gets from the dispenser at work!

I love the color of this tea! It’s a pretty berry-pink when brewed, which I just love to look at. The flavor is fruity – I notice the apple notes more than the nuttiness. Overall, it’s very smooth. The nuts add a pleasant body to it.

This is one of my favorite teas. I could drink it all day.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

Overboard TTB #5

This tastes just like David’s Tea Forever Nuts with the addition of creaminess!!

I wasn’t planning to brew similar teas, but this is my second apple nut tea tonight, right after Sleigh Ride. I thought it was just nuts, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that it has apples in it. I guess I need to reconsider my stance on apple pieces. This one is light with a focus on nut. I’m glad about that.

It’s very mild, but I like it. I don’t know if I could describe the taste, though I would definitely say its a dessert tea. I could drink this at night, though it does have a tart after taste from the apples and requires more of the tisane to brew.

This also came in Tracey’s TTB. I probably wouldn’t have tried it if it wasn’t in the box.

Overboard TTB

This tea is quite good. It has the strong taste of apples. It also contains almonds, cinnamon, and beetroot and supposedly rooibos. I don’t taste the rooibos at all even though I thought I read it contained it. In any case the tea flavoring works well even if all other flavors take a back seat to the apple flavor. As I have to watch my caffeine intake I figured it was a good choice.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 6 min.

Flavors: Apple

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

Mmm tasty. This is like apple pie or apple cinnamon oatmeal in a beverage. Sweet, apple, almond, cinnamon. Very dessert-like.

It’s been a while since I’ve had DT’s Forever Nuts, but the comparison others are making rings true to me.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Cinnamon, Oats, Pastries, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Lindsay

If you add milk and sugar (something I have never considered with a tisane before this particular one) it tastes even more like apple pie but also turns a hilarious bubblegum pink colour. ;)

Anlina

Oh cool. I will try to remember to do that with my next cup.