Nutty Almond Cream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Cinnamon, Nutty, Cream, Nuts, Creamy
Edit tea info Last updated by Mk107

From Tiesta Tea

Sweet almond with apple and cinnamon provide a nutty finish to the soothing blend.

About Tiesta Tea View company

So I made a huge order from Tiesta Tea during the 50% off Black Friday promotion. Most of my order was their smaller sized bags, but for this and a few select others, I opted for the 4oz tin (not like this is a review of the tin but the tin happens to be pretty nice). I’ve been really into creamy teas lately and this one really hits the spot. It’s a bit strange since it looks like you are drinking pink lemonade but it tastes nutty and creamy with a hint of fruit (likely coming from the apple).

Around the edge of my mouth I’m getting a bit of a sour taste probably from the beetroot but it’s not off-putting. I added sweetener, so I imagine it would be more present without.

Happy with this part of my purchase!

3 tsp+sweetener in 16oz steeping mug

Another from alphakitty

It looks like Forever Nuts, it smells like it, it even turns pink like it. Sure enough it tastes just like yummy, delicious Forever Nuts.

so good!!

I’m a huge fan of almond…I love it in cookies, candies, cakes, whatever. So, when I found this tea at the shop, I just had to try it. I wasn’t expecting the almond flavor to be as gorgeously full-bodied as it presents in this brew! The fruity flavors are definitely there as well, and allow a touch of sweetness to this tea, but the almond creaminess is to die for. I didn’t expect to find a tea-cupboard staple so early in my explorations, but this is definitely a keeper!

Alphakitty

Mm, I love this one

Elizabeth

I wish I could find refill bags of this locally!

sozz06

Elizabeth where are you located? If you give me a zip code I might be able to lead you to a place.

Elizabeth

That would be lovely! I do live in the middle of nowhere, though, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed. My zip is: 12043

sozz06

You are right… we aren’t nearby yet but you should request it at your local grocery store or cafe :). The nearest place we are by is Hannaford.

This was one of my many Black Friday splurge purchases. Tiesta is already pretty reasonably priced, but they had a 50% off deal plus free shipping, so less than 6 bucks for 2 teas. How could I resist?! Well, I’m really glad I did because this tea is seriously already bordering on “cupboard staple.” Yeah, it’s that good.

The smell alone is amazing. Nutty, warm, cinnamon, like a baked good! I think the name is a little misleading though, and the ingredient list is more telling of the actual flavor: almond, apple pieces and cinnamon (along with beet, which adds no flavor but makes your cup hot pink and slightly sweet!). This is like an apple danish in a mug more than an almond cream tea. Rich, creamy, nutty, apple sweet with a perfect amount of cinnamon. It’s not sharp, slightly spicy cinnamon but the warming kind you find in a really good apple loaf. It’s one of the most comforting teas I’ve had, it’s also fantastic and slightly sweet without any sugar which makes it a calorie-free treat. Plus caffeine free! I only have 2 ounces of this and I think it’s going to run out really fast.

I’m giving this one a rating of 100. It’s just that good! Plus, I’ve searched far and wide for a caffeine-free dessert blend that I would like to have around at all times. This one is it!

It’s a delightful smelling tea. It also looks good enough to eat. In fact, I ate a small bit of the tea right out of the package. I’ve never done that before! It was good. Anyway, the brewed tea has a wonderful nutty and creamy flavor. I didn’t get “almond” from it, but I did get nutty. It’s really just a melt-in-your-mouth kind of tea. I could sip this all evening and not grow bored. Well done, Tiesta!

I brew this at a lower temperature, not because I want to, but because that’s as hot as the water gets from the dispenser at work!

I love the color of this tea! It’s a pretty berry-pink when brewed, which I just love to look at. The flavor is fruity – I notice the apple notes more than the nuttiness. Overall, it’s very smooth. The nuts add a pleasant body to it.

This is one of my favorite teas. I could drink it all day.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

From the SanTEA Claus TTB

Backlogging from last night…

This is pretty tasty! Lots of almond flavor with a bit of sweetness and a nice creamy note. The hot pink color of the brewed tea threw me for a loop, but I did enjoy my cup. The fact that it’s an herbal blend makes it even nicer since I’m always looking for a good before bed tea.

Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Nightshifter

Wow, hot pink tea would throw me too! :)

carol who It is surprising since the dry tea is so beige looking :) It has cinnamon pieces and beetroot which give it the color.
Veronica

The color transformation is a surprise. I wish my daughter wasn’t allergic to nuts as she would love a hot pink tea!

I wanted to do my most recent shopping trip at a local Meijer’s, namely to see what selection they had of Vitamin waters and other flavored waters that both my Mom and I have become slightly addicted to. I decided to wander down the tea/coffee isle just to see what there was to see. To my surprise and delight, I found a larger tea section then I had expected. Most was the usual stuff, bagged tea such as Bigelow, Yogi, Lipton. Then I saw bags of this tea, Tiesta. I randomly chose this one, mostly because of the word Relax on the bag. I just tried it tonight…

I like it well enough that I won’t mind finishing the bag, but I highly doubt I would get it again. It’s not a bad herbal tea…in fact I agree with the other assessments in that the taste of this bares a close resemblance to Forever Nuts by David’s Tea. So if you love that tea, but aren’t crazy about DT’s prices or shipping charges, check your local Meijer…they just might have it.

Flavors: Almond

carol who

I have been drinking Nutty Almond Cream for a while. Found it pretty much the same way… shopping at Meijer’s. I think it is similar to Forever Nuts but I’ve actually begun to like it more than Forever Nuts. Maybe just because it is easier to obtain. I’ve also added it to some of my chocolate teas. It adds some nice nutty taste to other teas.

Mmmm, the smell of this dry tea is amazing, kind of like a really cinnamony oatmeal cookie. With almonds. Brewed, more of the apple comes out, and it starts to smell like apple pie in a cup. If you add milk and sugar, it actually tastes like apple pie in a cup. :) Without, it’s just a really lovely apple and cinnamon tisane with a smooth nutty/creamy finish.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Nutty

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I wanted to try this tea, but didn’t want it enough to pay for the shipping cost. It was at the grocery store this evening and I decided to grab it. To be honest, I’m expecting this to taste like Forever Nuts. It’s definitely a brighter pink, but smells quite similar.

Sipping… Hm.. this one could have used a longer steep time. It tastes a little bit watery and weak. Besides that, I do get some of the same notes as Forever Nuts. It’s slightly less tart, though, which allows for the sweet apple and almond to come through more clearly. The cinnamon seems to be stronger in this blend as well. I’m going to try to play around with this a little more, but I’m not sure I like this more than Forever Nuts despite the convenience of buying it in person.