Banana Split

Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by jeweledthumb

1 Tasting Note View all

From Tiesta Tea

This strawberry and banana infused maté blend will be sure to keep you up. An invigorating blend of banana slices and strawberry bits with a sweet rooibos and maté base!

Ingredients: green maté, rooibos tea, banana slices, strawberry bits

About Tiesta Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I am a huge fan of bananas (fresh, artificial – a favorite is banana laffy taffy mmmm) so when I saw that Tiesta had a banana flavored tea, I quickly snatched it up during their Black Friday promotion.

In the bag it smells wonderful. I wish I could say it blew my socks off steeped, but there is so much rooibos in this blend, that that’s pretty much all you can smell after it’s done brewing, and that usually isn’t a good sign before tasting it. After it cools, the banana flavor is more evident, but it’s still rather weak (and I added sweetener).

I’m thankful that I only ordered the (ok not so small) pouch. It’s not bad by any means, but I was expecting more. I think it’d be better without the rooibos (and something tells me it was used as an inexpensive filler but I hope I’m wrong?).

It must be noted that I just ate lunch. I will try again when I haven’t eaten flavorful things just to be sure my tongue wasn’t playing tricks on me.